Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should I buy some kind of locking nuts so these bushing stay put? I noticed today that the nuts were about to fall off. Is there a certain torque value that I should tighten the nuts too. I have 16 hours on this tractor.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Use some locktite on the threads after cleaning with brake cleaner

Reactions: flyweight

·
Super Moderator
6,290 Posts
There are no nuts anywhere in that mess. The pins fit through the frame on both sides as well and the lower boom arms. There are 10mm bolts that thread into them from the other side. The bolts hold a fender washer in place and that's what keeps the pin from sliding out.

I'm not sure what the torque spec is on the bolts but you could try using locktite on them.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
16,626 Posts
Are you referring to the bolts(screws) that retain the pins?
As the others have stated, clean and use locktite.

·
Registered
224 Posts
16 hours??? Call the dealer and tell him what's going on. Let them figure it out.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
OP,
On the MSL those pins are used to secure the leveling arms. Check for tightness every time you get on the tractor. Losing one of those pins while using the loader can result in failure and/or injury. Use the locktite, and engage your dealer ASAP.

And nice tractor!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you use locktite. DON'T use the red!!!! Use the blue. Red will set and need heat to break free. Blue will hold but will give with radial torque.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts