Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member to the forum and new 2025R tractor owner. This is my first new tractor. Before this tractor I had a 8N ford with no attachments or implements that I used to move trailers around. I needed much more versatility. Funny story, when tractor shopping I was dead set that I did not need the front loader and the salesman was insistent that I get that over any other attachments. I decided to take his advice and added the front loader and a belly mower as well as a box scraper and field mower plus the Imatch quick hitch. I use that loader more than anything! I am so glad I was talked in to that! I use it nearly everyday. What did I do before? I have no idea. It took me a while to settle in and learn how everything works and how to set everything up for best performance but I'm there now and quite comfortable with it.

This week I designed and built a rifle shooting / sight in bench that I can back up to and pick up via the quick hitch and take it wherever I want to set up, could be a little plinking or an afternoon of varmint hunting. Plus being connected the three point I can level and stabilize nicely, or I can set it down and come back for it later. It is so dang neat to be able to integrate the tractor to do the heavy lifting, plus I can use the front bucket to carry some supplies like a cooler of drinks for the day. This may sound corny but I don't care I'm having fun!

Today I got the bright idea to work a field that has never been farmed. I am not a farmer and I know nothing. I have a 10 acre area that is orchard grass and fern, I have mowed it but that is as far as I know to go. I want to plant it with something, hops I am thinking but I don't know what implement to use to make the ground loose and fluffy for planting. Is there an implement to do this that a 2025R can handle? This is what has led me to the forum, I am seeking information.

All the best!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:greentractorride::wgtt:Welcome from MN

You might like a roto-tiller for that project- I sure love mine

·
Premium Member
12,853 Posts
Second vote for a tiller. :thumbup1gif:

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Administrator
20,459 Posts

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten

·
Registered
4,280 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Welcome and What part of Oregon??

Theres a few of us here...I'm West of Portland..30 mi.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio! :wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,603 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,490 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
South tillamook / pleasant valley area. You must be in the banks area?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Gaston.. I do a bit of work down your way and get to the dunes a couple times a year.

Dan in soon to be Oregunless:banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts