Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had been loving the H120 loader but last weekend the black hydrulic line started spraying all over the place were the hose screws into the fitting.

Finally had time to investigate today and the o-ring was not completely round.

Of course I was hoping to get this taken care of earlier today so I could go to the dealer if I needed parts but I had to go into work. Anyway I need part number T77613 which is a size 012 O ring.

Inside Diameter 9.250 MM
Nominal Section 1.780 MM
Standard Number Code A
Standard Number Size 012
Durometer 90
Material H4D

I really wanted to get loader work done this weekend, as it was my first weekend in a month I had free and my last for another month, plus our trees are coming this week and I need to finish getting the ground ready.

Looked at home depot, tractor supply, and auto parts stores to see if anything was available locally but no luck. Does anyone have any thoughts, or do I need to wait until next week?

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
If you had a shop that made hydraulic hoses and repairs they might have them.

This probably doesn't help now but if you want spares I ordered from these guys. $1.45 for 50 012-90, Deere will be all of that for one.

http://www.oringsandmore.com

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Might try Mcmaster carr. Probably get a bag of 50 for a couple bucks. Never heard of that material though, I would have thought for a mineral oil application that good old Buna N would have been used.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Might try Mcmaster carr. Probably get a bag of 50 for a couple bucks. Never heard of that material though, I would have thought for a mineral oil application that good old Buna N would have been used.
The material is still nitrile rubber, it's just peroxide cured. H4 is a JD material specification, H4A, H4B, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
As others have said, any hydraulic hose fabricator shop that sells hydraulic adapters should have the o-ring. The 90 Durometer material o-ring is harder and is normally used on ORB (oring boss) type adapters. They are considered high pressure o-rings because the material is harder.

It may be harder to find a 90 durometer o-ring than a more available 70 durometer. Although the OEM adapter had a 90 durometer o-ring on it, a 70 durometer will work just fine in a pinch.

The reason the o-ring looked, not round, is due to the o-ring being seated against the tapered o-ring seat. This causes the o-ring to take the shape of the taper over time. This is why you should replace the o-rings when re-using an ORB adapter.

When installing an ORB adapter, the o-ring must be lubricated with hydraulic oil. Grease should not be used because grease will not dissolve considering the temperatures of a hydraulic system.

The Parker Store will normally have these o-rings. Here is a link to the Parker Store locator.
https://www.parker.com/portal/site/PARKER/menuitem.98bf0856fd643a238c23b35b8320d1ca/?vgnextoid=894fb34395d2b210VgnVCM10000032a71dacRCRD&vgnextfmt=default&from=parkerstore&citype=ParkerStore

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
A lot of NAPA stores make hydraulic lines so they may carry it, otherwise a Parker store is the way to go. I have always been able to get anything related to hydraulic lines/fittings out of a Parker Store. Not cheap but well worth the expense.

I have also seen some O'Reilly Parts stores make hydraulic lines but I am thinking it is not very common.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went to NAPA today and they had an assortment pack of 400 o-rings. Not sure why I could not find them on the website last night. Was not exactly my plan, but the $16 was well worth the expense since I did not know when I would have another free weekend.

No more leaks, though when I topped off the hydraulic fluid everything looked perfect but when I checked it again after a cleaned everything up it was about 1/4" too high on the dip stick. At least a siphon will be easier to find.

It's always something...

Thanks to everyone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts