Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By far my most used materials handling items are Ken's Oblong Ring Slings. Around the home, in the woods, at the neighbor's farm and at work it seems they're the solution for towing, pulling and lifting.

Here are a few photos from last week pulling an alignment lift out of storage for transport to a new location for installation. Each of these deck assemblies weigh ~4,000# as they're the main components of a 14,000# capacity, drive-on, scissors alignment lift. The base mount, scissors lifting structure as well as dual hydraulic cylinders are tucked up under each deck. These are pretty massive components as far as automotive and light truck lifts are concerned.

Son asked me to assist with pulling a couple of derelict forklifts out of the barn over at the farm later on today. My first thoughts were, "bring the ring slings."

Administrator
This is a paid endorsement, it cost me some big thick Porterhouse steaks! 馃槀

Thanks Frank (y)

Senior GTT Super Slacker
I don't have the slings but the oblong rings get used a lot around here.
Kennyd, just send me a package of hotdogs. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Registered
The actor doesn't look anything like Frank either.
I think it's the TV make up.

Frank's just looking for a part-time gig after retirement? :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
Same here... I find myself using the oblong slings more often than I do the chains.

Chief Stick-picker-upper
I don't have any of Ken's Oblong Rings. Thinking I'll now buy a few sets.

Ken, be on the lookout for an incoming order.

Hotdogs, heck!!
I'd like the Baby-back ribs, please. ;)

Premium Member
I like them too. Purchased 2 sets from KBOH. Used to lift my snow blower and put on saw horses to add steel impeller and enclosed gear box. They are an absolute necessity for me and don鈥檛 mark up what you lift or use them for.

Registered
2021 1025R, 2016 x580
Glad I threw some in the cart!

Was placing an order Friday for hooks for the new tractor and saw those. Added 2 12 footers and 2 8 footers to the cart.

UPS says it should all be here Tuesday.

Fast customer service, thanks Ken!

Premium Member
Glad I threw some in the cart!

Was placing an order Friday for hooks for the new tractor and saw those. Added 2 12 footers and 2 8 footers to the cart.

UPS says it should all be here Tuesday.

Fast customer service, thanks Ken!
That is the most difficult part of oblong slings - figuring out the lengths you need for various lifting duties as you can鈥檛 easily shorten them like you can with chains.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I鈥檝e got (3) 12鈥檚 and (2) 4鈥檚. They all get plenty of use with the tractor bucket hooks and the rear drawbar. The oblong rings are very useful when using as a choker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is a paid endorsement, it cost me some big thick Porterhouse steaks! 馃槀

Thanks Frank (y)
And they were delicious. Grilled to perfection!!!

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Registered
2021 1025R, 2016 x580
My rear blade and landscape rake were ready for pickup Friday so I ran over to Edinburg and they loaded them up on the trailer for me. Got home and saw the perfect opportunity to put my Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Oblong Ring Slings to the test. I'm using 2 of the 8 foot Ring Slings to unload the equipment. Yes, I know my trailer needs a new floor.

Premium Member
My rear blade and landscape rake were ready for pickup Friday
Sweet. I see you already have the QH bushings on them. (y)

Yes, I know my trailer needs a new floor.
At today's prices, it looks fine to me. I'd soak it in some used motor oil and get everything you can out of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts