Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is now offering a 5/16" G70 "Oblong Ring" that will fit into a 5/16" hooks. These will aid in attaching straps or ropes to the hooks, or any number of other custom uses.

You can view/purchase these, as well as many other chain and hook accessories here: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Accessories>>

IMG_2870.JPG IMG_2875.JPG Oblong Ring-2.JPG

Disclaimer: Dollar bill and/or hook is NOT included, shown for size reference only :laugh::lol:

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
I'll be placing an order shortly.:thumbup1gif: I like having options when I'm rigging something.

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
I'll be placing an order shortly.:thumbup1gif: I like having options when I'm rigging something.
Me too. My name is rtgt and I am an addict.

No matter how much they beat me, I won't give up my dealer. Your secret is safe with me Kenny.

[email protected] tractor crack....

·
Premium Member
7,548 Posts
Order placed.

Do you accept direct deposit. It might be easier....

·
Super Moderator
4,838 Posts
Sooooooo.... Do these come with a new sticker? :laugh:

*adds to this weekend's shopping list*

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is now offering a 5/16" G70 "Oblong Ring" that will fit into a 5/16" hooks. These will aid in attaching straps or ropes to the hooks, or any number of other custom uses.

You can view/purchase these, as well as many other chain and hook accessories here: Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Accessories>>

View attachment 35216 View attachment 35217 View attachment 35218

Disclaimer: Dollar bill and/or hook is NOT included, shown for size reference only :laugh::lol:
I was all set to order the dollar bill until I got to the last line.:flag_of_truce:

I will be ordering the rings soon.

Dave

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Well dadgummit!! This thread forced me to go look at the rest of Kenny's site. Now I have even MORE things for Santa to bring me this year. I had intentionally avoided looking, telling myself I had gotten along without the "frills", so didn't need them. That was until I looked at the hooks and rings. Now I can think of many ways to use the items. :good2:

I should know better than to look at things like that!!! But I thought one little peek couldn't hurt!! I was wrong!!

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well dadgummit!! This thread forced me to go look at the rest of Kenny's site. Now I have even MORE things for Santa to bring me this year. I had intentionally avoided looking, telling myself I had gotten along without the "frills", so didn't need them. That was until I looked at the hooks and rings. Now I can think of many ways to use the items. :good2:

I should know better than to look at things like that!!! But I thought one little peek couldn't hurt!! I was wrong!!
You deserve some new jewelry for Christmas :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
I have to agree with Farmgirl, if I don't look....I don't need them.
But I looked.....again. These will make a perfect addition to the Artillian forks. I have found MANY times the chain slots on the four corners of the rails to be a tad narrow. Especially for hooks on tie down straps. You could say the slots on the fork rails are fine but the hooks on the straps aren't bent correctly to use in the slot.
Who wants to buy me a set?

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But I looked.....again. These will make a perfect addition to the Artillian forks. I have found MANY times the chain slots on the four corners of the rails to be a tad narrow. Especially for hooks on tie down straps. You could say the slots on the fork rails are fine but the hooks on the straps aren't bent correctly to use in the slot.

Perfect fit:
IMG_2877.JPG

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
See post 12. You have no reason not to buy.:laugh:

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
Really like this ring and a lot of the other items offered for rigging.

But....to buy one ring for $6.50 that might weight 10oz-12oz (?) and the shipping is $12.00? Is your minimum shipping charge $12.00 of something like that?

If a package is 13oz or under it can go USPS First Class Package Service for around $4.00.

Edit to add - even a small Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is $5.95 to anywhere in the US and would hold probably 5 of these rings or 2 rings and a hook or two......

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really like this ring and a lot of the other items offered for rigging.

But....to buy one ring for $6.50 that might weight 10oz-12oz (?) and the shipping is $12.00? Is your minimum shipping charge $12.00 of something like that?

If a package is 13oz or under it can go USPS First Class Package Service for around $4.00.

Edit to add - even a small Priority Mail Flat Rate Box is $5.95 to anywhere in the US and would hold probably 5 of these rings or 2 rings and a hook or two......
To quote from the website, in the yellow banner above where the products are listed:
Some of the products on this page will fit into a USPS Small Flat Rate Box,
so we will refund $6.00 for reduced shipping fees if we can use one.
The same is shown on the Hydraulics and Weld-On products page as well.

Also from the FAQ page:
Q: I am only ordering some Weld-On hooks and Blank Plates, do I still have to pay $12.00 for shipping?
A: No, if we can fit your order into a USPS Small Flat Rate box, I will refund $6.00 through PayPal.
We ALWAYS use small flat rate box (SFRB) whenever possible, and we ALWAYS refund $6 when we do. I have tried the padded envelope/First class thing exactly twice, once on a single weld-on hook and once on a single clevis mount-both times the envelope showed up at the customer ripped and empty. This just cost the customer more time wasted getting their order, and me lost product and additional shipping charges.

My system is indeed set to automatically add $12 to every CONUS order for shipping-we play no "free shipping" games like other business's do, this is because I can use the medium flat rate box's (MFRB) for up to 70lbs of product anywhere in the 50 states, and 80% of our sales fall into this category because of the weight of the products. Neither me or the system I use are smart enough to automatically figure that the parts ordered are small enough to fit into a SFRB and to only charge $6 versus $12 for shipping, so we do it manually because it is not our intention or business model to profit from high over-estimated shipping charges.

If you have any further questions about shipping or our other policies, please fell free to PM me or contact me directly through the website.

Kenny

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
You deserve some new jewelry for Christmas :lol:
This is my kind of jewelry!!! I don't wear much of the other stuff. With my jobs and hobbies, I'd break real jewelry and lose it anyway.

Not sure that I "deserve" it, but think I will get some anyway!!

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
We ALWAYS use small flat rate box (SFRB) whenever possible, and we ALWAYS refund $6 when we do.
Thanks Kenny - my bad for not reading the entire page.

Ok - I'm just trying to be sure these will work for me. I have 3/8" grab hooks on my bucket. These oblong rings are 5/16". So in my mind these should work perfectly in my hooks?

These will be nice when using my slings.

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok - I'm just trying to be sure these will work for me. I have 3/8" grab hooks on my bucket. These oblong rings are 5/16". So in my mind these should work perfectly in my hooks?

These will be nice when using my slings.
Yes, they will work great with 3/8" hooks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hmmm. Only wish you had these a while ago. I just put two hooks on the outside and a ring on the middle. If you had this I would have just gone three hooks and bought some of these. Especially since I have honestly yet to use the middle ring. Oh well....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts