Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to announce our newest product: The Oblong RingSling©

The Oblong RingSling© is a custom designed lifting sling made exclusively for KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC in the USA. The popular oblong rings facilitate safe and effective use with Bolt-On and Weld-On grab hooks without fear of them cutting through like ordinary lifting slings can. These slings are fully tested and rated at a 4:1 design factor to ensure safe use. Available in convenient 4', 6', 8', 10', and 12' lengths to tackle any job effectively.

RingSling (1) (Small).JPG

RingSling (Small).jpg

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,668 Posts
:good2:

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Uh-Oh, I see another order going to KBOGH soon. :flag_of_truce:

Looks like a nice product Kenny.

·
Super Moderator
4,838 Posts
MORE TOYS! :kidw_truck_smiley:

*searches for the credit card*

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts
Yup. Going to have to get me some of these.:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
20,282 Posts

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
Now that's service - received shipment notification 1 hour and 6 minutes after placing my order!

Thanks Kenny!

I'm starting out with a 4' and 6' trying to picture in my mind how I will use them. Might need a couple longer lengths in the future.

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
Received my order very quickly from KennyD and professionally packaged. The quality of the slings looks very good and I've been looking forward to using them since the beginning concept.

It won't be until spring that I really put them to use. I can see some other lengths in my future. I'll be happy to get away from using chains for everything.

·
Premium Member
10,691 Posts
I just can't get over how handy these darn slings are. I'm starting to use them as my go-to rigging any time I have to lift something. They are much easier to handle than chains and they don't mar or tear things up like chains.

This past weekend I used them to carry my 6500W emergency generator to the garage for an oil change and to raise the ramp in front of my storage shed to do some maintenance.

I keep finding new ways to rig them to fit the job at hand.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I used them to carry the jumping jack stomper around the retaining wall I recently built. That thing is a dog to move on its own and I constantly needed the bucket to move dirt. The Ringsling made moving the tamper around with the bucket and its hooks a snap all while not having to switch to the forks. I love mine!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Length Recommendation

Anyone using these to move around a 60D deck?

Want to pick up a set but not sure yet which length would be best.

Thanks !

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probably two 4' ones would be best to move a MMM around, or even one 10' or 12' looped across the hooks.

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
If you are going to make attachment points on your deck (2) 4' straps would work well. I can't remember which member did this but they installed lift points on their deck like this:

If you are going to use the RingSlings you would want a fitting that is open enough to slip the ring into the loop.

I started out with (1) 4' & (1) 6' RingSling neither of which will work for lifting my deck. So my next order (someday....) will likely be a 10' and 12' like KennyD says. This will work by either attaching each end of the RingSling into my 2 bucket hooks or looped around. I currently have been using a 1" continuous sling I had on hand that is the perfect length - will have to take some measurements to get the right length RingSling. The way I have it now the deck hangs close enough to the bucket so when I curl the bucket up the cutting edge lands just above the gear box on the deck - I like this as having the deck rest against the cutting edge I don't get any swing at all - perfect control.

Just to show how I am doing it now -

P1030045_DxO.jpg

P1030034_DxO.jpg

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
Ken - do you have a solution for connecting the ends of a RingSling together other than a clevis?

I was thinking a connector something like this that would be sufficient grade for the weight -

Going to do some measurements this afternoon to see which length sling I will need - if come between sizes I may have to get a longer one and connect the ends together to make a loop.

·
Administrator
17,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ken - do you have a solution for connecting the ends of a RingSling together other than a clevis?

I don't Stan, not at this time anyway.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts