Green Tractor Talk banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone tried lifting a tiller yet with the oblongs? What length? About to pull the trigger on some hooks/clevis combo and shackles. Mind as well get some slings and be all set.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Anyone tried lifting a tiller yet with the oblongs? What length? About to pull the trigger on some hooks/clevis combo and shackles. Mind as well get some slings and be all set.
I have used one to do that, can't recall if I got the six or eight foot.... It worked good with my built in notches on my Artillian back rest. Put the rings on each end of the back rest after passing one end through the top bracket area of the tiller. Pulled the tiller out of the back of a barn and set it on a pallet so I could use my forks to load it in my pick up. They really are nice slings, Kenny only sells high quality products from what I perceive of the items I have purchased from him.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The other day I was going to till and there was some loud thumping sounds from the tiller. I loaded it in the fel and lifted on top of the tailgate then wrestled into the bed. Tiller is still at the shop so would be nice to have the right equipment to unload properly. Is it ok to hang the slings off the shackles inside the bucket?

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
The other day I was going to till and there was some loud thumping sounds from the tiller. I loaded it in the fel and lifted on top of the tailgate then wrestled into the bed. Tiller is still at the shop so would be nice to have the right equipment to unload properly. Is it ok to hang the slings off the shackles inside the bucket?
The tiller I lifted onto my pickup was a King Kutter XB54. If I didn't have it all the way against the backrest on my forks I would never have gotten it in there. I had the backhoe on for ballast and the load gave me a VERY light rear axle, so be careful Adam.

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
11/17/2021: Update on our very popular RingSlings:

Due to an absolutely absurd price increase from our supplier that had been making these for us, we will be discontinuing these as our current supply runs out. I tried to order more this week, and they came back with pricing that was up to 125.23% more on the 4' slings, and up to 80.21% more on the 12' slings. No rhyme or reason with the range over the entire lineup, and they are not willing to negotiate. This is compared to the large order I placed back on 05/17/21. At those prices, even with a very small profit margin, I don't feel I can sell these.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,135 Posts
@Kennyd , Are the oblong rings still available?

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Reactions: MattL and Gizmo2

·
Administrator
21,781 Posts
These are one of my favorite items to own from KBOH. I ordered more and will be sad to see them disappear from Ken’s lineup. (n)

·
Super Moderator
9,203 Posts
One of my most used accessories!! Get 'em while they're still available.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
I just ordered I like those things its sad to see them go

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
21,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I believe these are all sold out now.

After a somewhat scathing email, the company has came back with better pricing, but still more that we are selling them for now, so I'll have to ponder things a bit more.

·
Registered
2021 1025R, 2016 x580
593 Posts
Just ordered 2 of the 4 footers. Glad you found a few more, I just ruined one of my 4 footers this weekend.

Notice: they are not chainsaw resistant!

·
Registered
2021 1025R, 2016 x580
593 Posts
Sorry I didn't have a picture last night, I was eating dinner out when I read that Ken had found 8 more of the 4s.

Story...I was cutting firewood and had a long log suspended off the ground using 2 4 foot oblong ring slings. My 16 inch mark was about an inch outside where the sling was so I thought I was good to go. Apparently, on the blind side, the sling was over further than I anticipated.

Gold Anchor Wood Jewellery Twig

41 - 60 of 66 Posts