Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought and installed a factory grill guard shortly after buying my current tractor at the beginning of the year (511 grill guards weren’t around then). Question: what the heck is the purpose of the grill guard’s oval shaped opening? I initially thought it was for some sort of JD badge, but I’ll be darned if I can find one that fits it. As it sits, it’s just an unprotected opening that would allow a small tree branch to penetrate.

Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
16,951 Posts
What tractor / loader is that?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks like that’s a 3, maybe 4 series. Funny, I have a 3046r with very similar grill guard, less the opening.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Green

Reactions: 3P Ranch

·
Premium Member
16,951 Posts
Looks like that’s a 3, maybe 4 series. Funny, I have a 3046r with very similar grill guard, less the opening.
It's illustrated in the 440R loader parts. It seems very weird. $166 for a protective screen with a big ole hole in the middle to let debris poke through. :)

Line Font Art Pattern Line art

It reminds me of one of these fly swatters.

Orange Amber Basketball hoop Font Net

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Looks to me like a badge should go there. Any chance it’s for another tractor?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
My thought is an older model with the "hood latch push button" in front. Just a SWAG!

Reactions: trav

·
Administrator
22,404 Posts
I've never seen that before!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Mine has the same thing. 4066R. JD’s deluxe guard…or whatever they call it. Perhaps so you can see the logo that’s on the grill? Still makes no sense…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Premium Member
16,951 Posts
My thought is an older model with the "hood latch push button" in front. Just a SWAG!
Check post #5, it is for a new 440R loader.

·
Premium Member
16,951 Posts
Mine has the same thing. 4066R. JD’s deluxe guard…or whatever they call it. Perhaps so you can see the logo that’s on the grill? Still makes no sense…
The angle of that photo seems to be looking down. Can you still see the logo looking straight in?

·
Registered
490 Posts
The angle of that photo seems to be looking down. Can you still see the logo looking straight in?
Definitely looking down. I was taking pic of the camera not the hole lol. My guess is it wouldn’t be all that visible if taken straight on. No clue what that hope is for…never thought about it until the OPs post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jgayman

·
Premium Member
16,951 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts