Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pondering who is now making the Frontier ground wheel drive manure [horse] spreader?

The old company, Solarex I think it was spelled, does not make these any longer [at least not in their product catalog].

Reason for pondering, it would be easier to spread over field that has high grass, rather than with FEL, 4x8 dump wagon, and landscape rake.

No livestock here, but horse hotel a couple miles up the road is offering free samples - all you can haul & more.

Thought is to distribute over post-harvested veg/corn field, plant [drop spread] cover crop, plow/till in spring.

·
Super Moderator
5,293 Posts
Not sure who makes them. I'm kinda in the same boat. I have 2 local (within a half-mile) horse farms that will give me as much as I can haul away. I haven't looked in a bit but the last time I did the largest ground-driven model Frontier offered was about 50 cu. ft. so I was leaning towards a Millcreek model that was in the 75 cu. ft range.

I keep looking for used spreaders on Craigslist but the few that do show up always seem to be rotted out and in need of a complete rebuild.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 2 of 2 Posts