Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this an JD part? I don't think so, but can find no solid evidence on Google to prove it either way. The upper stud is bent and I'd like to replace it so as to gain full adjustment.
THx

20190601_100205.jpg

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Yes thats a factory JD part.

My 955 has them.

iirc it was 55 bux for a new one.

I broke one of the eyes off one end of mine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Duke
This one doesn't look much like the one shown on the JD parts page, and at $79 for just one half of it, I'm hoping it's not the right one. There may be some cutting and welding in my future.....

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks Duke
This one doesn't look much like the one shown on the JD parts page, and at $79 for just one half of it, I'm hoping it's not the right one. There may be some cutting and welding in my future.....

Mine came as a complete assembly end to end as it does not come apart. There are roll pins in the ends of threaded parts in the turnbuckle area. I suppose it could be taken apart but they sold me the entire unit as 1 piece.

There were other cheaper looking variations of this part I've seen on 855's and perhaps the 7 series.

Its been 15 years ago+ probly since I bought the part

My tractor is a 94 I think..

unrelated but yet in the same area

There were different lift ( links) hooked to the arms on the 3 point and up to the rockshaft arms on some of the early units (955)

I see these lighter weight parts on most 855's I see.

Both of mine are adjustable for length with the right side one having the "butterfly" part on it for easy up & down.
Left side ...you have to remove one end and screw it in or out to change length.

Here is the parts page if it shows....

part# 26 on picture....( this is what you have) Based on your picture. [h=4]26 - Sway Chain[/h]Part Number
AM119881

What tractor are you working on ????????

John Deere Parts Catalog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the whole lighter duty set up that I've seen on some
everything is similar but different or non adjustable
This sway chain is Not like yours but same # in picture (26)
John Deere Parts Catalog

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a very very early 955. It's past life is unknown to me and it's rich in WTF's. I have only 1 turnbuckle on mine, a chain with a split link occupies the other side. Obviously it's been monkeyed with.
The JD parts break-down shows it as 2 pieces, but like I said, it does not look the same. What JD shows doesn't appear to even be a turnbuckle. Going to investigate 855's and 755's...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
It looks like the cost has gone way up.

They are sold in pairs @ most places as 2 are required...one on each 3 point arm.

anywhere from 182 bux to up over 200...No one shows actual pic of the part.

[h=4][/h]Part Number
AM119881

1 - 7 of 7 Posts