Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3033R Cab
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone’s go to for this? I have a huge need and have a 3033R. I have seen titan, maschio, and befco makes one. Are there any other brands?

I don’t have any experience with these but it could save me hours and hours of weed whacking.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Here are some flail mower reviews.

Tractor time with Tim

Good Works Tractor

Reactions: Dave in DE

·
Registered
X320, 3720 W/ 300cx loader, 5'ford 917 flail, CL 6' box blade, 64 massy 165
589 Posts
There is also Peruzzo their Italian made, same as the Maschio. I'm thinking about getting their Fox cross 1600. It's 60" wide weighting in about 630lbs. Originally was looking at the Elk cross 1600 but it weights in at 870lbs. I think that weight will require far more left side ballast than I care to have, and I don't need to cut down 3" trees either. The Fox cross is rated for 2"
https://www.peruzzousa.com/Peruzzo-Fox-Cross-1600-Green-p/foxcross1600.htm

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have a Maschio. Been really happy with it.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Tractor

Water Plant Motor vehicle Vehicle Grass

Water Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

Plant Water Tire Plant community Sky

Water Plant Water resources Nature Natural environment

Plant Green Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Plant

Motor vehicle Plant Hood Green Vehicle

Don't forget to use coupon code TTWT for a 5% discount if you decide to go with a Maschio.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have had a GIRAFFA XL- Medium Duty Offset Flail Mower on order for about 3 months.

It is supposed to be in a cargo ship at a dock for a bit now. Should be getting it in a few weeks.

The hardest part that I had was picking one was to find the offset that worked with the width of my 4066 with the 5.5 spacers & was compatible with the hitch type. I have changed out the arms on my tractor with the ones that are on the 4066M HD, so I have Cat I & Cat II.

I built the attached linked spreadsheet (cannot attach xls files, so here is a read-only link Giraffa Offset with Tractor.xlsx) to compare the different models with the different spacers. If you put your tractor width in B19 & tweak the options below with the spacers (if you have any), it will show which model will have enough positive offset to get past your outside wheel.

Rectangle Green Slope Font Line

As you can see I will have 1" with the 160 model past my tire, but there is the gear box, so the head will actually be farther over.

I make no claim/guarantee that the math/data is correct or that the models are right for your tractor, so you will want to verify everything, but it is a good starting point.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3033R Cab
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have had a GIRAFFA XL- Medium Duty Offset Flail Mower on order for about 3 months.

It is supposed to be in a cargo ship at a dock for a bit now. Should be getting it in a few weeks.

The hardest part that I had was picking one was to find the offset that worked with the width of my 4066 with the 5.5 spacers & was compatible with the hitch type. I have changed out the arms on my tractor with the ones that are on the 4066M HD, so I have Cat I & Cat II.

I built the attached linked spreadsheet (cannot attach xls files, so here is a read-only link Giraffa Offset with Tractor.xlsx) to compare the different models with the different spacers. If you put your tractor width in B19 & tweak the options below with the spacers (if you have any), it will show which model will have enough positive offset to get past your outside wheel.

View attachment 815068

As you can see I will have 1" with the 160 model past my tire, but there is the gear box, so the head will actually be farther over.

I make no claim/guarantee that the math/data is correct or that the models are right for your tractor, so you will want to verify everything, but it is a good starting point.

Good luck!

View attachment 815068

Good luck!
This an awesome spreadsheet! Thank you!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been using my brush hog and backing up for the edge of the pond... a much better solution would be an offset mower. Also have the ditches... 2,300 feet of them. Was no fun weed whacking those this summer (only did it once; our first year with this property).

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've been using my brush hog and backing up for the edge of the pond... a much better solution would be an offset mower. Also have the ditches... 2,300 feet of them. Was no fun weed whacking those this summer (only did it once; our first year with this property).
Ya, we have about a 12-acre pond & a 3-acre pond & several streams that feed the ponds & for the nearly 7 years that we have owned this place, I have been doing the back down the bank 6' at a time with a rotary cutter. I cannot wait to use an offset mower.

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
Reactions: Mk1 and puckett_jw

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Puckett your going to love mowing those pond banks with the offset flail mower.

After getting my offset flail last summer, I quickly learned there was not likely any future need for either of the brush cutters I had at the time.
I have since gotten rid of both of my traditional brush cutters.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Those do look nice. since cc1999 seems to have all of the toys, I want to see what he thinks of his before I order one ;-)

Is it just me or does it seem a little sketchy that they have some clamps holding it to the front of the skid steer...

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive exterior Gas

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
lol
I like it's reach, looks like it would have a lot more reach then my Maschio, but I only saw UK info in that link, there is a lot of really cool CUT Deere stuff that is UK only.
The UK guys seem to get all the latest greatest mowing toys.

Your right, those giant C-clamps on that skid steer do look a little sketchy.

·
Super Moderator
6,908 Posts
Wow those are nice.
The UK always seem to have the best mowing equipment.
Are they sold in the US as well?
Yeah, they sell in the US. There is a used PA4330 for sale a few miles north of me. If I had a machine big enough to handle it... it'd be parked in my back yard already.

Reactions: cc1999

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Mine is a Betsco....yea its China......Seems fine and has built in over run Clutch in the gear box.

Its 54" iirc...a bit heavy for the 955 but doable.

Would work better if I was on flat ground.......Gotta pull FEL to run it and hang weights out front.

I use fel stick to run mower as I have no rear scv's.

·
Registered
267 Posts
How has anyone set these up with hydraulics? I’ll have one rear remote that was added for MMM.
There are several methods, but I went with the 6-way diverter from JD that takes your 1st, 2nd & 3rd mid remotes & "copies" them to the rear at the push of a button...

There are other aftermarket kits too that some people run.

Also, some people run them from the rear 4th & 5th, but that is 2 separate levers.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
MK1 is your 3R a cab or open station 3R?
Cab models have a diverter kit that I just added to my 3046R.

It allows me to have 3 rear scvs at a push of a button.
What it does is diverts the 1 and 2 on the mid to the rear for 2 & 3 on the rear.
The Joystick will control them in the diverter is activated.
Here is the link to my thread on adding the Diverter kit to my 3046R.

Kit runs about $1500, then the labor to install was $700.

·
Registered
3033R Cab
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MK1 is your 3R a cab or open station 3R?
Cab models have a diverter kit that I just added to my 3046R.

It allows me to have 3 rear scvs at a push of a button.
What it does is diverts the 1 and 2 on the mid to the rear for 2 & 3 on the rear.
The Joystick will control them in the diverter is activated.
Here is the link to my thread on adding the Diverter kit to my 3046R.

Kit runs about $1500, then the labor to install was $700.

I’ve got the cab model so that is perfect. I assume you’re happy with that?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.