Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Nicola,

First, good to see you here again.

Here's some screen-shots from the owners manual. And the link to the owners manual for your tractor. Hope it works for you. OMLVU25864

View attachment 652590

View attachment 652592

View attachment 652594

The amount of oil for the transmission and the front axle shows to be 15.1L total, so that 20L jug is more than enough. When I did mine early this year I actually used more like 16L total when I was done, so having a little extra to top off the system is a good thing.

The link to Amazon you posted shows it to be regular Hy-Gard oil. Many of us in the states use the Lo-Vis Hy-Gard. It depends on the expected temperature you'll be operating the tractor in. The Lo-Vis is better (and recommended) for temperatures below -10°C, and works well up to 40°C. See the chart.

Engine oil: Plus-50 is what I use. 15W40. In my tractor, that's what's recommended for my area. Again, it's based on expected temperatures.

Hope this helps. You might try a Web search for john deere operators manual. You might be able to find it in Italian, if it's easier for you to read.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nicola,

First, good to see you here again.

Here's some screen-shots from the owners manual. And the link to the owners manual for your tractor. Hope it works for you. OMLVU25864

View attachment 652590

View attachment 652592

View attachment 652594

The amount of oil for the transmission and the front axle shows to be 15.1L total, so that 20L jug is more than enough. When I did mine early this year I actually used more like 16L total when I was done, so having a little extra to top off the system is a good thing.

The link to Amazon you posted shows it to be regular Hy-Gard oil. Many of us in the states use the Lo-Vis Hy-Gard. It depends on the expected temperature you'll be operating the tractor in. The Lo-Vis is better (and recommended) for temperatures below -10°C, and works well up to 40°C. See the chart.

Engine oil: Plus-50 is what I use. 15W40. In my tractor, that's what's recommended for my area. Again, it's based on expected temperatures.

Hope this helps. You might try a Web search for john deere operators manual. You might be able to find it in Italian, if it's easier for you to read.

Hi Kylew

excellent explanation, in my country Italy the temperatures range from -2 in winter you have + 36 in summer, so it is a medium climate.

So I can use a J20C, what do you think?

Thank you
Nicola

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You can get away with it probably, but you'll have to let it warm up a little longer.

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,456 Posts
Yes, according to the owners manual you can use the Hy-Gard with the J20C specification. J20D is a newer formula that replaces J20C, with better properties to the formula. Basically an updated version. If you order that oil in your Amazon link, don't be alarmed if you receive J20D. It would be better as it's the newer version.

For your climate the Hy-Gard will work fine, but as John mentioned, you may have to let it warm up some when you start the tractor. Things might seem sluggish and slow until it warms up. With the Lo-Vis Hy-Gard you don't notice it as much as its properties allow it to flow easier when is "cold". (Cold is a relative term to oil. 15°-20°C can be deemed "cold" to oil).

:thumbup1gif:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts