Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did another oil change on BadAss yesterday. She’s got 375 hours on her and I was looking for something easy (but necessary) to do. I had everything I needed in stock so that’s what I did. Less than 20 minutes and didn’t spill a drop on the loader frame when I pulled the filter. Used a piece of cardboard folded into a “V” under the filter to channel the oil away and into the drain pan positioned next to the right front wheel. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures!!

Sincerely

2038R Oil Change 01.jpg

2038R Oil Change 02.jpg

2038R Oil Change 03.jpg

2038R Oil Change 04.jpg

2038R Oil Change 05.jpg

2038R Oil Change 06.jpg

2038R Oil Change 07.jpg

2038R Oil Change 08.jpg

2038R Oil Change 09.jpg

2038R Oil Change 10.jpg

2038R Oil Change 11.jpg

2038R Oil Change 12.jpg

2038R Oil Change 13.jpg

2038R Oil Change 14.jpg

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
I did another oil change on BadAss yesterday. She’s got 375 hours on her and I was looking for something easy (but necessary) to do. I had everything I needed in stock so that’s what I did. Less than 20 minutes and didn’t spill a drop on the loader frame when I pulled the filter. Used a piece of cardboard folded into a “V” under the filter to channel the oil away and into the drain pan positioned next to the right front wheel. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures!!

Sincerely

:flag_of_truce::ttiwwp::lolol:

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reactions: jdforever

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts

Sincerely
If you think cardboard worked great, give Form-A-Funnel a try. It is a rubber funnel with a malleable material inside that allows the funnel to be bent around and formed into any shape you need. They come in two different sizes. I've been using them for years and they are perfect for keeping oil out of things when unscrewing the filter. They have hundreds of uses. I bought mine on Amazon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you think cardboard worked great, give Form-A-Funnel a try. It is a rubber funnel with a malleable material inside that allows the funnel to be bent around and formed into any shape you need. They come in two different sizes. I've been using them for years and they are perfect for keeping oil out of things when unscrewing the filter. They have hundreds of uses. I bought mine on Amazon.
I have a similar gadget for changing the engine oil filter on my Harley Bagger only is an injected plastic part that is not malleable. Thanks for the share!

Sincerely

Harley Filter Oil Tray.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts