Green Tractor Talk banner

Oil Change 2038R. Trick to not Spilling Oil on Filter Change

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  HomesteadJoe 
#1 · (Edited)
I did another oil change on BadAss yesterday. She’s got 375 hours on her and I was looking for something easy (but necessary) to do. I had everything I needed in stock so that’s what I did. Less than 20 minutes and didn’t spill a drop on the loader frame when I pulled the filter. Used a piece of cardboard folded into a “V” under the filter to channel the oil away and into the drain pan positioned next to the right front wheel. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures!!

Sincerely

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Motor vehicle

Tire Yellow Personal protective equipment Helmet Automotive tire

Yellow Auto part Tire Brass instrument Automotive wheel system

Tire Auto part Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design

Gun Font Luxury vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

Auto part Motor vehicle Engine Vehicle Car

Auto part Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive exhaust

Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Engine Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Engine Auto part Vehicle Car

Green Product Personal protective equipment Vehicle Wetsuit

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Auto part Vehicle

Product Tire Automotive wheel system Vehicle Automotive tire

Auto part Engine Vehicle Technology Car

Wood stain Floor Hardwood Arm Wood

See less See more
#2 ·
I did another oil change on BadAss yesterday. She’s got 375 hours on her and I was looking for something easy (but necessary) to do. I had everything I needed in stock so that’s what I did. Less than 20 minutes and didn’t spill a drop on the loader frame when I pulled the filter. Used a piece of cardboard folded into a “V” under the filter to channel the oil away and into the drain pan positioned next to the right front wheel. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures!!

Sincerely

:flag_of_truce::ttiwwp::lolol:

#3 ·
You are so right!!

Sincerely

Reactions: jdforever
#4 ·

Sincerely
If you think cardboard worked great, give Form-A-Funnel a try. It is a rubber funnel with a malleable material inside that allows the funnel to be bent around and formed into any shape you need. They come in two different sizes. I've been using them for years and they are perfect for keeping oil out of things when unscrewing the filter. They have hundreds of uses. I bought mine on Amazon.

Attachments

#5 ·
I have a similar gadget for changing the engine oil filter on my Harley Bagger only is an injected plastic part that is not malleable. Thanks for the share!

Sincerely

Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Tire Automotive tire

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.