Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One would expect with modern day engineering and 3D drafting that oil changes and general maintenance would be a breeze on almost any car, ATV or tractor. We all know, especially with cars, that's not the case. I was thrilled to see that Deere has designed the Z9x0a series to be very easy and clean for oil changes.

First, I have to admit, I swore I read in my manual that I needed to change oil at 25 hours. I was going to do it early at 20, but I noticed online Deere wants it done at 5 hours. Well, at 20, my oil was still very clean (Yes, I am trying to convince myself that everything was OK), but I would change it at 5 since Deere wants it that way. I used Turf Guard 10-30 oil as its designed for small engines. Mine took 2 quarts.

To start I was thrilled to see that the filter was Made in the USA!
Ball

Next, the oil drain is a simple 10mm plastic plug that does not need to be very tight to seal. It has a hose connected to it to drain it under the machine and there is enough room under the machine to put a drain pan.
Auto part Wheel Vehicle
Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Suspension

As you can see, my oil is pretty clean. Open the oil dipstick to vent the system and let the engine drain faster.
Auto part Vehicle Pipe Wheel Machine

There were no issues with getting at anything. The drain plug and filter can be accessed through the side or the top under the seat.

Auto part Gas
Green Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Automotive exterior
Vehicle Tire Auto part Windshield Rim

This is a 10 minute oil change that can be done by anyone and the best part is that its very clean. I was thrilled to have American made parts and to have the system to be well thought out. Thanks Deere!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.