Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now finding myself knee deep in year end maintence for many of the local farmers. Oil changes seem so simple, but sometimes its the little things that make it easy. I have yet to find a good oil filter wrench. I have tried the socket type stuff and the friction wrenches. No matter what it is, someone will put one on so tight that I cannot remove it. Some I think are self tightening...LOL..

The other thing that I have tried a ton of options is an oil container to catch the oil. I am looking for something with a screan on top incase I drop an o ring or bolt. I have yet to find a good one. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
I wish the Blitz was available when I built mine, as I would have bought it.
I don't know, it looks like you did a mighty fine job. Custom made to your specifications. Good job.:good2:

How is the disposal process? Convenient? How big is your container? You must have bought the container?

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I've got the northerm 365379 unit:

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200422329_200422329

It get's it maiden voyage any week now when I change out the hydro fluid on my B21 (about 8 gallons). I liked the idea of pumping the old oil out. Will only use for hydro, had Blitz-type one for engine oil where carrying it is not a weighty problem.

I'll post back when I've change the oil, just need time...

Pete

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Reactions: jlh0057

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
I don't know, it looks like you did a mighty fine job. Custom made to your specifications. Good job.:good2:

How is the disposal process? Convenient? How big is your container? You must have bought the container?
Thanks Randy. It holds 11-gallons. The biggest hassle is finding a place to take 11-gallons at one time as the local Checker will only take 5-gallons when their tank isn't full. The last time I took it to the Deere dealer's service department and they use the old oil to fire their shop heaters. Since I'm a weakling, it's tough to load in the pickup, and I need help holding it over the waste oil container. The ball valve makes controlling the oil flow easy.

I got the tank here. http://www.watertanks.com/rectangulartanks/

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
That looks like it would be nice to have. Does a quality tool manufacturer make one?
Mine is a Blue Point (Snap-On) #FWA62121, a Google search turn up little info but maybe eBay? I got mine years ago from a friend that ran a Snap-On truck but he is out of business now.

I found a KD Tools # 3288 in my search, There stuff is OK.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Chi-Chong **** everywhere... Way to go unions!

Country Of Origin China
You know, "Global Economy" and all that jazzy BS. At least they (Snap-On) will stand behind it if breaks. China can make good stuff, if the customer demands it.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Thats not the snap on price I expected. I might pick that up. Is it cheaper to find a snap on guy or order off line?

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Blue Point is Snap-On's entry level brand of tools. Not surprised it's made in China; but it still sucks that it is.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Let me start by saying i dont know if i'm breaking any rules here.
If you guys are interested, I have access to discounted SnapOn products. I called one of my friends and If we could get 10 or so people to sign up, we can probably get these wrenches are an even better price.
OR if there is another SnapOn tool you would like, let me know. I should have pricing available on this wrench on Monday.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Guys, Brian and I have been in touch with MeanGreen and we will be doing this group buy as an "official" GreenTractorTalk.com group buy....we're still working on the logistics of it all, but keep your eyes peeled for an official announcement.

·
Administrator
21,037 Posts
Guys, Brian and I have been in touch with MeanGreen and we will be doing this group buy as an "official" GreenTractorTalk.com group buy....we're still working on the logistics of it all, but keep your eyes peeled for an official announcement.
Well, since I recommended this, I sure hope you all like it! I wouldn't want to get banned if you all think it's a POS:thumbsdown:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts