Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going out to play with my 1025 today and noticed what looked like oil drips coming out of the plastic housing under the steering wheel, that seem pretty odd to me so i started pulling panels off. I found a mouse nest deep inside behind the steering wheel, and after smelling the drips there is a very strong ammonia smell so I'm guessing that it is mouse pee and not oil leaking out of there, which would make more sense to me than oil leaking from there. The question now is how to get the plastics off so I can get the nest out of there. I removed quite a few bolts but it still does not seem to move. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
A mouse won't urinate much to create much more than a few droplets. I'm wondering if they chewed through a hose?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,261 Posts
A mouse won't urinate much to create much more than a few droplets. I'm wondering if they chewed through a hose?
:bigthumb:

I believe martincom is correct. Those little critters like chewing on things. Besides, if it were meeces unin, it would have evaporated.
You, have an oil leak there.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I disagree with those that say it isn't mouse urine. I get mice nests every summer in my snowmobiles, and yes, they piss. A lot. The belly pan of my sleds are always wet with mouse piss, which does have an ammonia aroma to it.

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
:bigthumb:

I believe martincom is correct. Those little critters like chewing on things. Besides, if it were meeces unin, it would have evaporated.
You, have an oil leak there.

Agreed can’t stop laughing at the direction this took but definitely agree

??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
Don’t do it, just trade the tractor in ?

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Don’t do it, just trade the tractor in ?

If you did that, you would always wonder what it was, wouldn't you?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
If you did that, you would always wonder what it was, wouldn't you?:dunno:
True, but...........

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
Oil smells like oil. Enough mouse urine smells like ammonia. Go ahead taste it if you're not sure.:bigthumb::mocking:

We are here to help!

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
:lol::lol::lol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
Should be able to tell if it is oil or mouse pee by tasting a drop or two.:dunno:
Or just by rubbing some of it between your fingers. Seems, oil would be somewhat slippery. Urine, not so much?

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
Or just by rubbing some of it between your fingers. Seems, oil would be somewhat slippery. Urine, not so much?
You speaking from experience

??

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Oil smells like oil. Enough mouse urine smells like ammonia. Go ahead taste it if you're not sure.:bigthumb::mocking:

We are here to help!
:lolol:

:munch:

·
Registered
927 Posts
You are actually correct. Mouse piss is sticky.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,739 Posts
Gees, sop it up with a dang paper towel, light it up, if it burns, it's oil, if it doesn't, it's rat whizz.

I should really charge for my good advice around here. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
13,332 Posts
Gees, sop it up with a dang paper towel, light it up, if it burns, it's oil, if it doesn't, it's rat whizz.

You’d be a rich man OC, then you could buy your 4066

·
Old Pa-pa
11,739 Posts
You’d be a rich man OC, then you could buy your 4066

Tell you what, bunch of Bozos here wanting to taste it, play with it between their fingers, etc., etc, it don't take too
dang much to shine around here.

:lolol:

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts

If there is enough to Mop up, that's one big mouse party. :laugh:

Gee, a paper towel that burns. That should be helpful in determining whether it's oil or pee. Unless the paper towel is soaked, it should burn.

Next. OC is going to tell what color the mouse piss paper towel flame should be verses that of oil........Scientific analysis here on this thread.....:banghead:

With that sound advice, it seems like there has been some 12 oz lifting going on tonight at OC's...:laugh:

Next he is going to suggest you light up the nest to see if it burns, before removing it.......:munch:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts