Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of my first oil change, I grab the new filter M806418 and a filter wrench, it does not fit the filter coming out, the filter coming out is different the only numbers on the one coming out is 13ABK24, not the same numbers as the one given to me, however I looked up the part number in the JD websight and the M806418 should be correct,:thumbsdown: the one coming out has oring seal the new one flat seal. Whats up??? this kinda stuff increase my level of anxiety.

·
Administrator
20,889 Posts
After a brief search on JDParts.com, I verified the new oil filter p/n you have is correct. I wouldn't lose sleep over the fact the factory installed Yanmar filter is different. Different manufacturers no doubt.

·
Administrator
18,313 Posts
After a brief search on JDParts.com, I verified the new oil filter p/n you have is correct. I wouldn't lose sleep over the fact the factory installed Yanmar filter is different. Different manufacturers no doubt.
^^^^^
What he said...
Also remember (like Jason wrote) that the engine is made by Yanmar in Japan so I'm sure the have different suppliers than JD does here in the USA.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
...and be sure to let us know if the oil squirts out!:laugh: (Sorry!:laugh:)

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yep, I just changed the engine oil in my 1026R yesterday for the first time: and ran into the same scenario, I put on the M806418 filter and all was good.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
This thread reminds me of my first Toyota. The OEM part had an O-ring and all the filters available in USA had flat gaskets. Never had any problem.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts