Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may remember about a month ago I had a problem with low oil pressure light coming on the dash of my 3520. Changed oil filter and it went away. Did not find anything wrong with the filter but thought the problem taken care of. Wellllllllll, moving snow (again) the other day and on it comes! Change filter to no avail. Called the local dealer service dept at 5pm. Next morning a tech was at my shop looking at it. (What I call good service!) He found that the wire going to the pressure sensor had rubbed through on the steering. When I had changed the filter the time before I had probably bumped the wire harness because the sensor is located very near the filter. So for a while the rubbed area was no longer shorting. Never would have guessed this on a less-than-year-old machine but it happened. I'm posting this only to add to the general pool of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Glad to hear it was something simple!
Alot of these little electrical gremlins seem to be on the shiny new ones. I know my speed sensor was flaky since day one.. Another complaint is on the dealer setup.....take a creeper and roll under your machine and look for any loose/low hanging wires....couple zip ties now could save headaches down the road.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
What Dave said.

I spend a few hours crawling around the new tractor, and found a bunch of places that either needed tie wraps or spiral wrap where wires and/or hoses were touching stuff. Did the same on the 318, B21, generator, and every car I've had.

An example: the heater hose was rubbing on the metal that holds the cab on. It was also rubbing where it went up a tube to the top of the cab.

You can't get it all but you can sure get a lot.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Excellent tips guys! :good2: Sometimes the gauges and indictors can be more trouble than they are worth. But invaluable when they are working properly. I hate electrical! Sorry Pete.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts