Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Completely new to 2cyl's. I have a 48' B serial #224xxx. I have a kinda crazy question, the tractor has a oil pressure line coming out of the crank case just behind the governer housing which goes to a "valve" just in front of the sediment bowl and makes a 180* back to the oil pressure gauge. Does this sound right?? Wouldn't it mix oil with fuel? The original owners manual and IT manual doesn't touch on it.

Thanks

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
Yessir, oil pressure activated fuel valve.

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
I'd shut the fuel off after operation. That way if the valve leaks, it won't fill your crankcase with gasoline.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,514 Posts
LoganT56,
Welcome to GTT.

This is not related to your tractor, but you may want to get the Admin, or Mods to change your username, or drop the dot-com. Spammers can collect your email address the way it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Flyweight,

Your absolutely right. I was in a hurry when I registered here and didn't catch it. Admin's have been contacted. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

·
Registered
222 Posts
on a 48 B? Some one did you a favor because the lettered series did not have that option, thats why you wont find it in the I&T manual, nor the Deere service manual, it didnt come out till 20 series i believe, there may have been a few late late 10 series, but who knows.

if you have questionably clean fuel or the tank is rusting a bit, when that shutoff starts pulling down, all you can do at that point is shut the tractor off, which relieves fuel suction pressure, and restart it.

As for the shutting the valve off, it is a good idea, but not because of the valve but because the float in the bowl can stick open and all your fuel will drain into your crankcase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts