Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I don't know if this is the correct place to post this.

JD 1630 has no oil pressure on start up, the oil pressure will blip, then nothing for a minuet and a half, then it will get oil pressure and keep it. The motor has 275 hrs on it since rebuild, I changed the oil and filter yesterday, the problem started about a week ago.

thanks Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Welcome to Deere Talk:thumbup1gif:

I assume we are talking about a 70's diesel engine? How much faith do you have in the mechanical gauge that is telling you no oil pressure? Can you hear the lack of oil in the engine? Have you changed oil since the rebuild?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check the gage first, you would hear the motor making a different sound if it did not have oil. If the gage is good, line is fine then take a peek under the valve cover, see if it has oil. If not there could be the possibility of a bad pump. Even if it was replaced on rebuild. What oil are you using? If it is cold there your oil could get wax like if you are using a conventional oil, making it hard to pump on startup until the engine is warm. Since it was just rebuilt I would say your engine should be clean. Do not use Lucus or additives that are thick, can hurt your engine by making your pump work too hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts