Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard alot of good things about switching the 1025R over to synthetic oil from the regular stuff at 100 hours (although not warrented by the manual until 200 hours). I am itching to change my tractor over to synthetic. Is changing over to synthetic at 100 hours a good thing or should I just wait to 200?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Myself, I usually run conventional oil for at least 2-3 changes before I switch to synthetic in an attempt to ensure complete break in. People used to swear synthetic was so good that an engine would not properly break in with it, but then some manufacturers started selling cars with it in them already.:unknown: You may get quite a variety of opinion with this question.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I'm not completely sold on full synthetic for diesels.I was thinking of going the route of the T5 blend.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
On my diesels I wait until third oil change to get broke in. My 2014 Duramax came with synthetic so that was the first diesel I didn't wait for. I got 2 years oil change anyway so I took it to dealer than switch to Amsoil like everything else I have. Gas motors, my Amsoil Rep states it doesn't matter but I just waited until 3rd change also. My 2 cents.

·
Administrator
18,313 Posts
100 hours?
My opinion is change it and use whatever flavor makes YOU happy. Opinion on oils is like you know what...everyone has one.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Break in was more relevant in the past due to less accurate machining of parts. Today's motors, unless built and sold at HF, need little to no break in, hence my TDI, coming with full synthetic. Been running full synthetic in diesels since 1993. Go for it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts