Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Yet another thing with the "NEW" 2018 John Deere 1025r...... I have been waiting until i changed the front axle oil to say anything and have been keeping an eye on all my oil levels.. All have been fine and no need to add any.. So why on the front right side am I getting a film of oil??

Yes, i will also let the dealer know about this problem too.. its just one thing after the other.. Theres no residue at the drain on the axle? At first i thought maybe they didnt install the plug good enough. There aren't any wet spots underneath that i can see.. But this film is always on here after i get done mowin....

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It would be the right side..

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
It’s probably coming from your coolant overflow hose. This is normal on a new machine. Do you see a drip on the bottom of the hose?

Don’t get carried away with stuff like this. A tractor isn’t a Honda Accord that you can weld the hood shut on. A tractor is a machine that requires daily inspections and operator awareness. You have to keep a keen eye on the machine. It’s part of owning one of these complicated but wonderful pieces of equipment.

Your warranty covers your butt and machine for anything that could go or be wrong. :good2:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its really hard to not get frustrated.. its new. But I do understand. I havent seen any drips from the one hose i can see easy. Its on the right side and seemed dry. I will look for any other ones when i take the loader off.

·
Administrator
20,852 Posts
Its really hard to not get frustrated.. its new.
Trust me, I totally get it. I’m just trying to reassure you that a tractor is not the same as most consumer goods. While it would be nice to expect and get a machine that works 100% with zero issues at all, and I’m sure that’s JD’s goal, it’s extremely hard to get there with this kind of stuff.

Tractors drip oil once in a while. They work in extreme environments under tough conditions. It’s part of the experience. They break. They require maintenance and inspections.

Like I said, don’t let it get to you. It’s all good. This is very very minor. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
In addition to drain plugs, the front axle also has vents that are opened during draining to get a good flow. They are diagrammed in the service manual if I recall correctly. If you know what you are looking for, they are not hard to find. You may want to see if these are all tight. And check to see if there is any leakage around the dipstick/fill opening. I don't know how rough your ground is, but at my place there's a lot of sloshing taking place.

Keane

Reactions: Levi
1 - 6 of 6 Posts