Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noticed oil under rear end of a friends 2012 1025r
has any one had this and fixed the problem ?
thank you
ps low hours

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Any idea of source?

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had a puddle under my 1025R. It ended up being a pinhole in one of the backhoe hoses.

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
noticed oil under rear end of a friends 2012 1025r
has any one had this and fixed the problem ?
thank you
ps low hours
There are countless places for oil leaks. You need to locate the source. Then we can advise.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are countless places for oil leaks. You need to locate the source. Then we can advise.
thanks I'm asking only because I can't put eyes on it right now and figured I would reach out to you guys and get a head start on it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a puddle under my 1025R. It ended up being a pinhole in one of the backhoe hoses,

thanks I'll look there when I get there this is why I posted
again thank you

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
146 Posts
Any recent disconnected hoses may leave residue. Also I did have a backhoe line that was not tightened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally agree I posted to get a head start so when I get there next time I can check the things that you guys might have already found.
thank you

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any recent disconnected hoses may leave residue. Also I did have a backhoe line that was not tightened.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thank you, your the second one that has pointed me to the bh hydraulics thanks when I get there I'll check there.
I knew I would get help on GTT

·
Registered
65 Posts
Getting ready to take my 2017 1025R with less than 60 hrs on it into JD next week for a leak in the trans in the back. I got under it today to make sure I didn't just mess something up, but it's coming from the seal around the right side about 1/2 way up. I'm thinking I will pretty much get a "free" 1st 50hr service out of it, since they'll most likely have to drain it, pull it apart, and fill it back up again. We'll see... :laugh: If they don't, then I'll get it done ASAP after. Didn't want to do the service now and then have them dump out fresh fluid.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Getting ready to take my 2017 1025R with less than 60 hrs on it into JD next week for a leak in the trans in the back. I got under it today to make sure I didn't just mess something up, but it's coming from the seal around the right side about 1/2 way up. I'm thinking I will pretty much get a "free" 1st 50hr service out of it, since they'll most likely have to drain it, pull it apart, and fill it back up again. We'll see... :laugh: If they don't, then I'll get it done ASAP after. Didn't want to do the service now and then have them dump out fresh fluid.
You are probably right. I imagine they will have to drain it to fix it. Good to find this stuff under warranty. I run mine hard. If there is a weak spot, I want to find it now, not later.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the reply I'LL try to look up there is it below the axle or above?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine's below the axle. It looks to be a seal around the casing, but I'll let them figure that out. My only concern was that I run mine pretty hard also, pushing trees out of the ground with the FEL, clearing logs, brush, debris, etc. I was worried I managed to run a branch through something. But, not the case thankfully.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thanks for the reply I'LL try to look up there is it below the axle or above?
Put on your coveralls, lay down and with a clean dry rag, wipe the underside of the tractor off. Wipe the floor up also. Lay down some news paper under the tractor. See where the drips are on the news paper. Now you have an idea of where the oil is dripping from. You can look around with a trouble light or feel around with your hand/fingers to locate the exact spot of the leak. Let us know where your leak is for future reference. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
Put on your coveralls, lay down and with a clean dry rag, wipe the underside of the tractor off. Wipe the floor up also. Lay down some news paper under the tractor. See where the drips are on the news paper. /QUOTE]

It works even better if you have some cardboard you can lay down as the oil spots will be highly visible.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Noticed my 1023e had a couple drops of oil under it. I purchased it new 2 weeks ago and was not happy. There is a lot of stuff up in there and it was hard to get my big head under it. So I went and got my wife's hand mirror and a flashlight. I could see that it was leaking at the hydraulic filter base. It seemed like it was tight but after some investigation it was just "painted on tight". I loosened it and broke it free, then retightened it. It no longer leaks. Confirms my long-standing opinion that virtually no one checks their work anymore. Forgot to bring my wife's mirror back in but that is another story. So check your filter....it is easier with the MMM off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts