Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not a problem, but have never had the 3ph on yet & have read about its limited lift distance. Mostly concerned about new, heavy 60" LP on its pallet that I won't be able to move with forks after taking off the BH. Want to be sure I'll be able to just back up & connect.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I do not believe you will have a problem, but it depends on how high the hitch pins are.
I used to have a 1026R. I kept a 3 point tiller & box blade on carts with casters on them. The carts were taller than a pallet. I did not have any hooking those up.

·
Registered
22,079 Posts
If you are concerned take the implement off the pallet while you have the loader/backhoe on. Then switch over to the 3 point hitch and go.

Worse case scenario is to drag the implement off the pallet with a chain. You aren’t going to hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are concerned take the implement off the pallet while you have the loader/backhoe on. Then switch over to the 3 point hitch and go.

Worse case scenario is to drag the implement off the pallet with a chain. You aren’t going to hurt anything.
Currently the pallet is on a concrete pad, so don't think I'd be wanting to drag the LP with chains. Thought the level pad would be best for my 3ph initiation. How else could I get the LP off of the pallet other than using the 3ph? Remember my skill level with the forks. :laugh:

·
Registered
22,079 Posts
Currently the pallet is on a concrete pad, so don't think I'd be wanting to drag the LP with chains. Thought the level pad would be best for my 3ph initiation. How else could I get the LP off of the pallet other than using the 3ph? Remember my skill level with the forks. :laugh:
Ummm - with the forks of course!

You can do it - you can’t hurt anything. A land plane is made to drag through the dirt and rocks - there built pretty tough.

You could actually attach a chain to 2 corners with some slack - then lift the chain with your forks.

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts
IF it's problem, just place some 2x6's on the ground as ramps for the rears wheels, that will gain you 1.5" or 3" of height.

·
Administrator
17,561 Posts
Perfect. Now why didn't I think of that? :banghead:
Because your a woman?
:hide: :hide2:
:lolol:

No but seriously, we all overlook the obvious sometimes in search of a complicated solution.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had a 1023E with iMatch. Built dollies for everything that went on the iMatch. Never had a problem with them being too high. Most dollies were made from moving dollies from HF. Some were 2x4 with HF dollie casters. Better to use real casters from HF using their 20% off coupons. Now I've gotta get/make a caster for bucket, grapple, forks, & loader. OR get a much bigger barn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts