Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure it's the same in all the 4-series and possibly 3-series cabs. I was working on taking the headliner down to replace the speakers (mission successful) and one of the three screws that hold the sun visor fell inside the instrument cluster, down by the pedals and through a hole to never never land. Want to get a replacement, but unsure what the specs are (or where to find such info).

Thanks!

·
Registered
3046R, 320R loader, 375A BH, 72D MMM, 4406H BB, County Line Landscape Rake, Fimco 40gal 3pt sprayer
133 Posts
I'm sure it's the same in all the 4-series and possibly 3-series cabs. I was working on taking the headliner down to replace the speakers (mission successful) and one of the three screws that hold the sun visor fell inside the instrument cluster, down by the pedals and through a hole to never never land. Want to get a replacement, but unsure what the specs are (or where to find such info).

Thanks!
M6x25

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,227 Posts
Reactions: zyx5432

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And to make this thread more interesting in the meantime, here are some photos of the replacement job. Bluetooth stereo arrives tomorrow and will be the next step.

First up - here are the speakers I replaced the stock Jensens with. I think I saw these on one of the earlier posts here. Were a well rated speaker (for 4x6 speakers) and not that expensive.

A little magnet comparison between the two.

Front comparison

The kicker speakers came with connectors, and I checked the polarity on the JD speakers (black wire negative, green wire positive) to splice them into the factor connectors.

With the headliner down, replacing the speakers was pretty easy. There are nutserts in three corners, with only two screws holding each speaker. Here's the right side speaker installed.

And the left side speaker installed.

Headliner is back up, minus the original Jensen stereo and little surround w/cubby hole until the new Kenwood deck shows up tomorrow. Man, that chip shortage has it such that finding in-stock single din stereos with the features I wanted were VERY difficult to source!

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
That will sound awesome! (y)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the prompt replies! Replacement ordered (shipping costs - holy 💩)

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,227 Posts
Thanks for the prompt replies! Replacement ordered (shipping costs - holy 💩)
Next time try Green Part Store. Use code TTWT and get free shipping!

·
Registered
797 Posts

Thanks!
Can you measure one of the remaining two? Or take one with you to the store?

Reactions: zyx5432

·
Registered
3046R, 320R loader, 375A BH, 72D MMM, 4406H BB, County Line Landscape Rake, Fimco 40gal 3pt sprayer
133 Posts
And to make this thread more interesting in the meantime, here are some photos of the replacement job. Bluetooth stereo arrives tomorrow and will be the next step.

First up - here are the speakers I replaced the stock Jensens with. I think I saw these on one of the earlier posts here. Were a well rated speaker (for 4x6 speakers) and not that expensive.

View attachment 799257

A little magnet comparison between the two.
View attachment 799258

Front comparison
View attachment 799260

The kicker speakers came with connectors, and I checked the polarity on the JD speakers (black wire negative, green wire positive) to splice them into the factor connectors.
View attachment 799261

With the headliner down, replacing the speakers was pretty easy. There are nutserts in three corners, with only two screws holding each speaker. Here's the right side speaker installed.
View attachment 799263

And the left side speaker installed.
View attachment 799264

Headliner is back up, minus the original Jensen stereo and little surround w/cubby hole until the new Kenwood deck shows up tomorrow. Man, that chip shortage has it such that finding in-stock single din stereos with the features I wanted were VERY difficult to source!
You're going to love the improvement in sound quality and features. I have the same speakers but with an Alpine head unit and it blows the stock Jenson away.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Stereo came in. Install went fine (was pretty easy but for one small issue). Sounds GREAT compared to factory. And, being able to listen to tunes via Bluetooth and make phone calls will be nice!

Here's the deck - a Kenwood. Similar to others here. Opted for a "short chassis" version as I wasn't sure how deep of a unit would fit. Plus, thanks to the chip shortage going on, options are quite limited for what's in stock right now.

And thanks to the various fine folks on here that previously posted the Scosche part number for the correct wiring harness. Sure beats splicing the factory wiring.

Pretty easy mounting the sleeve with the interior mount out of the cab (not that it would be hard either way). Only complaint is you can only push out the tabs on three sides, since there is a "shelf" on the bottom that prevents this. Now that the unit is installed, seems plenty sturdy though.

Here she is all installed. Has the option to change to a multitude of colors, so I went to the closest to JD green I could find 😂 Installed the mic in a location I saw on here previously, which also seems like the closest location to me when speaking. Called the wife with the tractor running and she could hear me just fine. Sounds so much better than factory and all for about $200 and a couple hours of my time. On the fence about the few people here that have added a powered subwoofer...

Reactions: ZoomerHD
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.