Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading where folks are interested and want different content rather than strictly JD, so guess I'll share my other love.

I belong to a group in Columbia S. Carolina called CFF, Celebrate Freedom Foundation, we support and promote youth education, heavily support the troops (since we're all retired or involved with the Military in 1 form or another) and we love the hell out of our collection of AH-1F Cobras

I am the Chief Pilot for the group and we fly airshows raising money for the charities we support. We have mechanics that volunteer turning wrenches, pilots to fly the missions and and administration starting with our own Major Gen. Lenti, Retired, as the President.

Enough of the boring stuff, here's Maggie and some JP8 burning :) Can't you just smell Freedom!!!

Maggie comes to life and the 1st crank after being rebuilt and sitting in a hangar for yrs (turn down, OR UP, the volume)
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=2482929795508&set=vb.94928508983&type=2&theater

Maggie being interviewed for her 1st official mission
Students help revive old helicopter - YouTube

We have flown a weekend with the Thunderbirds now it's our turn with the Navy and the Blue Angels
Celebrate Freedom Foundation: MCAS Beaufort Air Show at the Marine Corps Air Station, Beaufort, South Carolina

If you're in the neighborhood, stop by the hangars, I'll be glad to give you a tour and get you in the cockpit or we'll see you in Beaufort

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
That's a sexy beast you've got there. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Are envious wanna-be heli pilot Canadians allowed anywhere near Maggie???!!!

Wow, good for you guys!! That's awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Great post. I hope that our children and grandchildren someday look upon Cobras, Hueys and the aircraft and equipmnet from the Vietnam era, like we do the WWII equipment.

It is good that people like CobraDriver keep them flying.:usa

·
Premium Member
14,741 Posts
Very nice, Thank You and the other members for their time and service then and now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are envious wanna-be heli pilot Canadians allowed anywhere near Maggie???!!!

Wow, good for you guys!! That's awesome!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Make your way down to Columbia sometime and you'll see, just let me know 1st

·
Administrator
18,000 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for sharing :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Real nice!

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
I thought Crobradriver meant you drove a Shelby Cobra, But a Cobra choppy is WAY COOLER! :thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif: Thanks for sharing

·
Administrator
20,720 Posts
Great post. I hope that our children and grandchildren someday look upon Cobras, Hueys and the aircraft and equipmnet from the Vietnam era, like we do the WWII equipment.

It is good that people like CobraDriver keep them flying.:usa
X2! It's cool to see working and flying aircraft preserved for all to see and enjoy. This kinda stuff keeps history alive. If I can see it, hear it, and feel it, it brings it to a whole nother level. It becomes more real than something sitting in a museum.

Of course you can always chat with the guys doing this stuff, and it becomes even more surreal.

Thanks for preserving a part of our history.:usa

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
I thought Crobradriver meant you drove a Shelby Cobra, But a Cobra choppy is WAY COOLER! :thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif: Thanks for sharing
Waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy cooler!!!

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
It probably isn't as fast as a Shelby, but the firepower makes up for the speed.:usa

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Really nice, thanks for posting.:thumbup1gif:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
SEMPER FI! OOH RAH!! Love to have a close up. :usa

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X2! It's cool to see working and flying aircraft preserved for all to see and enjoy. This kinda stuff keeps history alive. If I can see it, hear it, and feel it, it brings it to a whole nother level. It becomes more real than something sitting in a museum.

Of course you can always chat with the guys doing this stuff, and it becomes even more surreal.

Thanks for preserving a part of our history.:usa
They don't just see the aircraft flying, they get involved in our operation also

Here's a kick in the pants, our Maggie was planned by the painter Dru Blair. I say planned because he did the outlines of the camo and yes he painted the jaws but the rest was done by kids from schools that stopped by, Dru coded the camo like paint by numbers and the kids filled it all in

They loved it, Dru loved it...we loved it :)

I think last count from the boss was over 4000 ppl have touched Maggie and helped make her what she is

Go to our website and see the summer camps we put on, they come out for 2 weeks and it's all aviation all the time. U.P.S. gets involved, GE, several airlines, Garmin and all sorts of huge sponsors. Hopefully we open their eyes and draft them into the fun and exciting life of aviation

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
A Ford GT can.....Carroll Shelby was involved in those, no???

A GT can't fly sideways though.....at least while in control.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts