Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this 5 years ago and have loved every year. The large side is 30'x40' (Deere attachment side) and the shop side (tractor sleeping quarters) is 26'x26'. All in-floor heat, w/water and floor drains. The shop uses wall mounted work benches so nothing sits on the floor and easier to clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Thats a Sweet man cave, SORRY I mean barn... If I had a place like that I would have no need to come to the house!!!:laugh:

·
Administrator
17,252 Posts
Wow very cool! Any new pictures? Maybe some of the inside?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
In floor heat is something that you have to keep running all winter correct? I am doing some future planning and i would like to have one of the outdoor wood furnaces to my barn, but i fear I will have to keep it stoked with wood 24/7 to have it warm in the barn. Being so large, and air exchange will not be much faster. Any ideas from experience?

·
Registered
115 Posts
In floor heat is something that you have to keep running all winter correct? I am doing some future planning and i would like to have one of the outdoor wood furnaces to my barn, but i fear I will have to keep it stoked with wood 24/7 to have it warm in the barn. Being so large, and air exchange will not be much faster. Any ideas from experience?
Brain, when I was working for my buddy we did a few barns/ houses with in floor heat, yeah your have a water heater/boiler that cycles water through the floor and you can leave this to run 24/7. one barn they/ we did the owner never winterizes his diesel pusher, as he keeps the floor heat on 55/60 in the winter. If I build a barn it will have floor heat.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I keep mine at 55F and run 8-8. Once the slab is warm it will stay warm for sometime. You can always run a 50/50 mix for freeze protection.

Sent from Incredible using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Great Building!

The shop uses wall mounted work benches so nothing sits on the floor and easier to clean.
Now, what pic shows this? :mocking: So, what does this all include, grinders, welders, vices, toolboxes?

How did you finish the interior, steel, plywood, drywall, or other? And what about lighting?

You can't toy with us like this. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,023 Posts
There's no wall mounted work benches in there.:lol:

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Now, what pic shows this? :mocking: So, what does this all include, grinders, welders, vices, toolboxes?

How did you finish the interior, steel, plywood, drywall, or other? And what about lighting?

You can't toy with us like this. :laugh:
I'm out of town. When I get back I'll feed your hunger, ya rascals.

White steel ceiling, osb on the shop walls, cfl's and fluorescent tubes.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm out of town. When I get back I'll feed your hunger, ya rascals.

White steel ceiling, osb on the shop walls, cfl's and fluorescent tubes.

Now he is just rubbing it in....lol:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Very nice barn, looks like you did your homework prior to building. Good job and thanks for the pictures.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts