Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is that the top link that came with the 1025r? I don't have a bushing like that on my top link? I just have the rounded ball not the "tubing" hanging out on each side.

See my corrected post below. Ignore this post.

·
Corndog Hater
11,773 Posts
Mine is as 96PSD described. Are both ends like that?

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
what does the other end look like?

·
Super Moderator
8,130 Posts
So I'm putting on my 3pt hitch for the first time ....evvvaaaa! Noticed my top link doesn't fit. Just want to confirm that grinding both ends of the top link is not a problem.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
Same on both ends? If it is the top link isn't right. Have your dealer swap it out for the correct one.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I stand corrected. I went out to the shed to get some firewood and took a look at my tractor. I do have a "bushing flare on each side of the ball and top link. It is 1 3/4" wide total width. My wife is now wondering why her kitchen counter has become my photo workbench. :lolol:

Attachments

·
Registered
747 Posts
Thanks for asking the question.... I went out to the garage to measure and realized the tractor end of my top link was very stiff. I had to break out the PB blaster to free it up, then lubed it up good..

And, 96PSD is correct, both ends of mine are just under 1.75"...

·
Corndog Hater
11,773 Posts
Now I'm going to have to check mine tomorrow....

·
Registered
740 Posts
Grind it slowly and carefully, making sure to shave equal amounts off each side and keep the faces parallel.

However, your dealer should have given you the correct one in the first place. As long as it isn't out of your way, I'd go back and make them replace it with the correct part.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just measured and it's 1 and 3/4 width. Same as the anchor part. Maybe it's just paint and metal excess from manufacturing

Aaaand installed , the back area was larger so I was able to bang it in place. Hopefully when I need to remove it, itv will loosen by then.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
447 Posts
If the dealer is close have them address the issue. You should not have to bang it into place. There must be a manufacturing issue with where the top link needs to seat. At least report it to the dealer so that it can be noted the next you do bring it in for service so they don't think you have done something to it later that leaves you on the hook to make the repair if necessary.

·
Premium Member
12,658 Posts
Aaaand installed , the back area was larger so I was able to bang it in place. Hopefully when I need to remove it, itv will loosen by then.
I would be a bit hesitant to bang it into place. The mounting tabs are aluminum. The top-link should attach to the tractor side with plenty of clearance. Something is either wrong with the top-link you have or they gave you the wrong one. Which, even that doesn't make sense as you can pretty much go anywhere and purchase a Cat-1 top-link and it should fit with no problems.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would be a bit hesitant to bang it into place. The mounting tabs are aluminum. The top-link should attach to the tractor side with plenty of clearance. Something is either wrong with the top-link you have or they gave you the wrong one. Which, even that doesn't make sense as you can pretty much go anywhere and purchase a Cat-1 top-link and it should fit with no problems.
The tabs are not straight. The top link is the correct size. The tabs tent to bend "inward."

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
The tabs are not straight. The top link is the correct size. The tabs tent to bend "inward."

I take it the dealer never installed this before delivery.? This might be why. The 1 3/4" dimension is correct and the housing on the tractor should be larger. I'm not seeing bent tabs in your photo but I do see the top link is larger than the opening and by banging it in you run the risk of breaking the cast housing.

I would recommend the same as everyone else and say take it to the dealer and have them fix it. They may have to replace the rockshaft housing.

·
Premium Member
12,658 Posts
Grind it slowly and carefully, making sure to shave equal amounts off each side and keep the faces parallel.
The top-link connection does not require close tolerance. On most tractors the top-link has room to slide back and forth a bit.

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay imma give JD a call tomorrow,I'm sure I know what they will say... However here's pics post install. Notice both measure the same , rear and front. However, before I put the link in it was about 1/16th off.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts