Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I spent near my entire life near Waterloo, Iowa “except for a 4 year (61 to 65) stent In the Marine Corps until I retired. I’m now located near Phoenix Arizona. I am not now nor have I ever been a farmer ( I used to have 7 acres and an old 630 JD. My wife and I were sitting on the patio and I said I wanted another tractor. A week later my fully loaded 3046R, a 4 in 1 Bucket and 4’ Pallet Forks was delivered as I sat out front, I had no idea it was bought or coming. I’m 75 years OLD. I don’t know anything about the tractor and most of the buttons on the dash but I’m learning as I play with it. My 630 had a start button easy learning curve, the new tractor “lol” not so much. So bear with me I’ll more then likely be asking what to you are questions you feel I should know if I have a tractor like this, but a farm boy at heart, a city boy by circumstance, just has a new toy to learn how to play with. Isn’t America Great. I’m also a little confounded about how to navigate this forum been here a couple hours. Take care all, be safe, enjoy life.

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Jr. John,
:wgtt:

Once you’ve wandered about the site for a bit, it should come pretty natural. :good2:

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
Congratulations on the new tractor and welcome to the site. :thumbup1gif:

So you had no idea the tractor was purchased as in a present? :good2:

There is lots of good information and even some good fun available here.

Check out the LCUT thread which is where questions for your tractor would go.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/large-frame-compact-tractors-technical-library/

Make sure to read the ballast thread. Lots of good information on how to keep all 4 wheels on the ground.

What is "Rear Ballast"? And why do you need it?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome. I’m going to try something like that with my wife and see what happens :lol:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Congratulations and welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

Yep, there's a lot of old farts on this site, including me. Got questions. We've got answers. We can also help you spend your :gizmo: :laugh:

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten. Nice tractor, congrats :good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Super Moderator
7,889 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::usa:good2:

:gtfam:

·
Registered
11,691 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts

You can never ever say she doesn’t listen to you.:laugh:
I should have added the Tractor my wife bought me was with cab air heat and all the trimmings. What a wonderful women for 53 years.

Now that right there is the slam dunk woman of the decade.

Whatever you are doing you are doing it right.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. 'Old Guy?' heck you are probably right in the same zone as the rest of us. Nice tractor, and sir, you are truly blessed. Wish my wife had listened to me when I said I wanted a tractor. Reading the manual is the first place to start understanding your tractor... There is a lot of information here too. And I'm told that there are no dumb questions. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects. Cheers.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York! That was a real nice introduction that made me smile. You've got a great tractor thanks to a wonderful wife.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you to all for your patience and reply’s to my questions on GTT. I am not yet familiar with the navigation of this forum so if this is not posted in the correct area feel free to copy and paste it under my name in the appropriate area, so others on this forum may see it. I have been reading various posts on Insurance questions which has given me pause to think about my coverage. Below is a transcript of what I am sending to my insurance company. Feel free to copy, add to or use it freely if you feel it has any significance for you and your insurance. My hope is this helps others.

If any of the below are or are not comprehensively covered indicate such with a circle around yes or no after each question.

Please Print name of this Insurance company below

Signature and Name printed below as an agent of the above named insurance company

Printed Name ________________________
Signature ___________________________
Dated _______________

Under my signed policy does my (your tractors make and model number) have comprehensive coverage ..........

- on or off MY property, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- on or off any public road, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- on or off any public road being trailered on my trailer or another persons trailer, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- parked, stored or used on another persons property, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- parked in, stored or traveling within in my personal cargo trailer, also insured by this company, for any length of time, on someone else’s property with said Cargo Trailer locked or unlocked, while comprehensive policy is in effect,
> YES or NO

- parked in/or stored on my or another’s property, in or outside a structure for any length of time, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- parked and/or used on someone else’s property, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- on personal effects in or on the tractor on my or another persons persons property, while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or NO

- on personal effects in or on the tractor, and/or trailer while being towed, on my or another persons trailer, (such as, chains, binders, tie downs, rope, etc. these being examples but not restricted to said items) while comprehensive policy is in effect.
> YES or No

If any of the above are not covered what about a rider?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts