Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd post some pics of older tractors that farmers have around here. While I was taking pics of the Massy.......the farmer's wife come out and told me and my boy to hop on and she snapped a pic of us. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,810 Posts
Thank you for the pictures. I noticed on the white Farmall there was a glass jar hanging from the air intake. Is that some kind of filter?
Pre-cleaner!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the pictures. I noticed on the white Farmall there was a glass jar hanging from the air intake. Is that some kind of filter?
:unknown:.........sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I'm not sure either but I've noticed them on different tractors at a few tractor shows around here. The Farmalls usually have a toy JD inside while the JD's have a toy Farmall.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,911 Posts
Nice old iron!!

·
Administrator
20,352 Posts
Bob, in the first two pictures your skin looks a little pale. Was that a camera angle or lighting issue?:unknown:

I love old iron, regardless of color. But I noticed that beast of a tractor, the JD 830 Diesel. What a machine that is. Man, it looks like everything is in running order. The weeds aren't over-grown under the tractors.:thumbup1gif:

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I love old tractors, and especially love to see them cared for.

Thanks for posting those!! Great pics!!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
As earlier stated, it's a pre-cleaner. They were often sold as an accessory for oil bath air cleaners to catch the 'big' stuff before it got to the primary filter, thus extending the life of the filter.

The white Farmall (assuming it's original) is special for more than just the pre-cleaner. White Farmalls were 'Demonstrators'. When a customer was considering the purchase of a Farmall tractor, the dealer would occasionally bring out one of their demonstrator models for that customer and all their neighbors to see and test drive. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts