Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday will be graduation ceremony for EMU. Yesterday was the Honors College Awards. Of approx. 23,000 students there are 94 honor college graduates. Five had perfect 4.0, next five had 3.97 or better. Remaining had an average of 3.88. She has two degrees, Language Arts and English. She hopes to be a Art teacher with English teacher as plan B.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Congrats to you and daughter. Good feeling, mine graduated with two degrees from CMU last December. :good2: Makes you proud to see them do good:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Congrats to your daughter. :yahoo: Commitment, dedication and just plain hard work, very difficult for many I suppose. :nunu:

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Sunday will be graduation ceremony for EMU. Yesterday was the Honors College Awards. Of approx. 23,000 students there are 94 honor college graduates. Five had perfect 4.0, next five had 3.97 or better. Remaining had an average of 3.88. She has two degrees, Language Arts and English. She hopes to be a Art teacher with English teacher as plan B.
Congratulations. I predict that she will need all the education she can get (It's what I tell my grandkids) if the future of this country continues on its present course. We need more like her...and may God bless.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Kids sure do grow up fast don't they? Tell her congrats.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
glad to see she made it thru, I also wanted both my son's to go farther in school, didn't listen to their old man at all, one's at a stone quarry doing good, second one is welding for a living, neither one paid the lectures at the dinner table on sundays before I left for the week, now did they.:congrats: on ur girl, can she speak another language with all that schooling, I wish I could. good luck big jim

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,721 Posts
Congrats to your daughter. Yes they grow up fast. Nothing from any one who hangs in for 4 +yrs to better them self.

Our oldest has a BS from WVU, a Master in Audiologist WVU and a Master in Speech Pathology from James Madison Univ. all with 4.0 or above .
Youngest daughter has a business degree.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Congrats to your daughter!

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No second language. It took her six years, my wife thought it would never end. My daughter told her, 6 years for two degrees, that's only three years per degree.

Her passion is Art, and teaching, so she wants to be an Art Teacher. Knowing Art will not always be funded her backup is to be an English Teacher. My advice was Math or Science, but she had no interest in those areas.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Congrats to your daughter!!

I'm assuming, based on your location, that EMU = Eastern Michigan University. My daughter graduated from there in May of 2013. Great thing about EMU is they offer in-state tuition for Ohio residents too! Plus my daughter was on a combination of academic and athletic scholarships so that made it even more affordable!!

She just found a job and moved back down here in January. So, no more trips up US-23 for me!

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, EMU is Eastern Michigan University

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
:congrats: to your daughter and to you. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The graduation was Sunday. Parking took forever even with the Police directing traffic. We ended up so far up in the bleachers my camera could not zoom in enough. We were four rows from the top. Directly behind me was a about a four year old that spent the first hour and a half kicking the back on my seat. They also had a baby that cried/shrieked most of time. Afterwards it was even worse getting from the parking lot back out on the road. At one point were spent 15 minutes moving about two car lengths.

They did the graduation in two parts morning and afternoon. We were there for the morning. Trying to leave, I worried we would be there for the afternoon too.

My daughter graduated SUMMA CUM LAUDE (3.9-4.0 gpa)

·
Premium Member
7,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
picture..............................................:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
What a bummer for ya Zebrafive.

My daughter graduated SUMMA CUM LAUDE (3.9-4.0 gpa)
:good2:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts