Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next weekend we try to set a new world record in the disciple called: Oldtimer Tractors In A Row (or so). Our JD community will attend to this presentation und I hope, I can show you some pix next monday (May, 9th).

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Next weekend we try to set a new world record in the disciple called: Oldtimer Tractors In A Row (or so). Our JD community will attend to this presentation und I hope, I can show you some pix next monday (May, 9th).
So will this be a Tractor event for "Oldtimers" or an event for "Old Tractors?" :mocking:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
:lolol:
I think he may be there as well. :lol:
I think someone may be "going rogue" since his recent retirement............

He's certainly not making any points with the new Moderator is he? :nunu:

And just because tomorrow IS my Birthday, it doesn't mean that I'm ready to begin acting like I'm your age! :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts
I think someone may be "going rogue" since his recent retirement............

He's certainly not making any points with the new Moderator is he? :nunu:

And just because tomorrow IS my Birthday, it doesn't mean that I'm ready to begin acting like I'm your age! :laugh:
Wait a minute! Did you just play the Moderator Card? Boy that didn't take long.:lolol:
Think I'll start a new thread before the OTHER Moderators get mad for being off topic.:lol:

Sorry jd.rasentrac.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Have you received a PM from the new Moderator yet?:dunno:

If not, it should be coming soon. :laugh:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So will this be a Tractor event for "Oldtimers" or an event for "Old Tractors?" :mocking:

German law says, that a 20 year old vehicle is a "youngtimer" and from the 30th year, it's an "oldtimer". I Think, we'll see many LANZ, DEUTZ, HANOMAG, HELA, FAHR aso, that are older than 50 years - and some John Deere LANZ :yahoo: For more infos (in german language) click www.schlepperfreunde-auenberg.de

Yesterday I had a nice ride with the GATOR trough the forests and the landscape, to find an "easy" way to Odershausen, the village, where the event starts. And I've found many mud pits where we can't go without washing the tractors after the arrival. But it's only a two hour drive to Odershausen, so we'll take the longer way

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The event will be telecasted in the hr fernsehen, saturday and sunday. The TV station posted a short trailer on their internet site. You can see it here.

The hr is the broadcasting station in Hesse with it's studios in Frankfurt and Kassel - some of you perhaps will remember.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi jd.rasentrac
Love the Lanz Bulldog (as they are known here in Australia)tractors, many of them were used here in broad acre farming (cropping) the Kelley & Lewis company built them under license and are knows as KL Bulldogs. Most of them were slow on the road as they never left the farm, I understand that some models had a reasonable road speed? At one rally a couple of years ago I understand there were 200 odd Lanz tractors.
Regards John

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi, John. The KL is also known here in germany and some of the old LANZ were imported from down under again. LANZ built a special Bulldog for the carrying business called "Eiler" (haster) with a max. speed of more than 30 km/h (~20 mph).

Reactions: farmgirl19 and Levi

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi jd.rasentrac
I know of one Bulldog fitted with the high speed gears. The owner and his wife fitted it with an extra seat and used it to tow a caravan and toured Australia. It sounded like it fired every lamp post, it sounded magnificent. It wasn't an "Eiler" it did not have the Lanz body work, it was fitted with a home made body.
Regards John

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm convinced, the world record is back! More than 1600 tractors are announced for the event this sunday and some german TV-stations are reporting live. Okay, we'll come with 9 or 10 Deeres but I hope, there will be more!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Tomorrow I'll post some pics - I'm to tired now! Btw, I've seen a KL in Odershausen, but I wasn't fast enough to shoot a pic

edit

1.430 tractor were accepted by the judgement - NEW WORLDRECORD!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
And now, Ladies and Gentlemen, some pics of german Deere fanatics - please enjoy. To open the album, in my german forum, please click on the pic of the friendly LANZ D7506 driver.

v8-DSCN0777.JPG

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,103 Posts
A lot of tractors ..................:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:hi: For your information, this was the old record :mocking:

[h=1]Largest parade of classic tractors[/h]
[h=4]Teilen[/h]

WhoRFD-TV & Rural TVWhereUnited States Grand IslandWhenSamstag, 25. August 2012

The largest parade of classic tractors consisted of 964 tractors, achieved by RFD-TV & Rural TV (both USA) at the Nebraska State Fair in Grand Island, Nebraska, USA, on 25 August 2012. A classic tractor is defined as one more than 30 years old. Drivers brought tractors from 35 states, with the oldest tractor being first used for farming in 1917.

Records change on a daily basis and are not immediately published online. For the most up to date record information, we welcome your questions via Facebook or Twitter.
Comments below may relate to previous holders of this record.

Apply now

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Really enjoyed the tractor pictures, thank you for sharing that link with us. That was really enjoyable. I thought this was an interesting color for a John Deere.

Red JD Germany.jpg

1 - 20 of 21 Posts