Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with the OMNI carry all?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Coal. I should of posted that.

Reactions: Robnik

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Not the carry all, but I have the Omni Transformer hitch. I bought it when I had the X728, in fact at one time, there were pics of my setup on the website. The Transformer is well built, and I’m glad I bought it, customer service was great. I would buy from them again.

Reactions: Robnik and Yank

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
I wish Heavy Hitch had a basket like that being I already have the hitch. The only option I can think of for mine is a reciever hitch basket like this -

https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-deluxe-cargo-carrier-66983.html

F8E9A412-49B0-4D2A-A1C9-0818B3E1E582.jpg

But that sticks out the back instead of mounting above the weights like the Omni.

It looks like I couldn’t use the Omni basket on my Heavy Hitch since there is no vertical reciever.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also wonder about the OMNI hitches compared to the Heavy Hitch hitches? Both look very good, but I love that carry all that Omni has. Thought about building one from a Tractor supply carry all, but would have to get wood,bolts, and time.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish Heavy Hitch had a basket like that being I already have the hitch. The only option I can think of for mine is a reciever hitch basket like this -

https://www.harborfreight.com/500-lb-capacity-deluxe-cargo-carrier-66983.html

View attachment 542778

But that sticks out the back instead of mounting above the weights like the Omni.

It looks like I couldn’t use the Omni basket on my Heavy Hitch since there is no vertical reciever.
Stan, it will mount horizontal also. When you order the carry all from OMNI, it asks you which mount preference you would like. Bet it would work great for you. It is 24” by 36”, and 12 inches deep. Can get it with metals sides or open. Looks really nice.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I’ve been looking st this also. From a company called AcmeOutfitters. Hooks to the ROPS. I’m worried if I could still put the seat all the way back with that installed.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,794 Posts
Thought about building one from a Tractor supply carry all, but would have to get wood,bolts, and time.
I’ve had a TSC frame in the barn for some time. It has remained bare bones for the same reason you mention, time.

Reactions: Robnik and Yank

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
Stan, it will mount horizontal also. When you order the carry all from OMNI, it asks you which mount preference you would like. Bet it would work great for you. It is 24” by 36”, and 12 inches deep. Can get it with metals sides or open. Looks really nice.
I’ve been looking st this also. From a company called AcmeOutfitters. Hooks to the ROPS. I’m worried if I could still put the seat all the way back with that installed.
I’ll have to look at both of these later - thanks!

I really need something like this. The one from HF sticks out the back which I am trying to avoid but can’t beat the $40 price.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ll have to look at both of these later - thanks!

I really need something like this. The one from HF sticks out the back which I am trying to avoid but can’t beat the $40 price.
I do too, Stan. I’m always trying to find somewhere to put a hand tool or small can of gas. I really like the ROPS mounted one. That would free up the 3 point for doing what you need to do.

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
I do too, Stan. I’m always trying to find somewhere to put a hand tool or small can of gas. I really like the ROPS mounted one. That would free up the 3 point for doing what you need to do.
Also for me I don’t usually have my Heavy Hitch on. I have my weights on is stored on the cart. When I need the weight I just hook up to it. So a basket that isn’t on the 3-point would work better for me also.

Reactions: Yank

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
By welding on a top tube, you made the OMNI hitch to a tee. Hold 8 weights and has a horizontal and vertical tube. I’m really torn on which way to lean. I don’t pull logs a lot, but I do occasionally. Like to have a way to raise the front of the log off the ground. I think the OMNI comes with a grab hook.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stan, here is a pic of the Omni carry all mounted in the horizontal tube.

Attachments

Reactions: coaltrain

·
Registered
23,289 Posts
Stan, here is a pic of the Omni carry all mounted in the horizontal tube.
Thanks!

It sticks out the back quite a bit, but looking at the pic that may be OK for putting heavy items in it vs. lifting them up higher above the weights.

Reactions: Yank

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was thinking about that too. Don’t know which one I would like better, it down low or up high.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts