Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The on/off valve on my john deere 750 is stuck and I cannot turn it either way. I am assuming it is in the off position because the hydraulics are not working on the tractor. I have been spraying the threads for a couple of days with PB Blaster, but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any suggestions how to free this up?

I bought this little tractor on an auction for for almost nothing because it wouldn't start. It had been setting under a lean-to shed for a couple of years and a few things were froze up on it. I have got it running and can use everything on it but the hydraulics. any suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
17,280 Posts
Welcome,
I can't offer any different advice than what your already trying, sorry.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The on/off valve on my john deere 750 is stuck and I cannot turn it either way. I am assuming it is in the off position because the hydraulics are not working on the tractor. I have been spraying the threads for a couple of days with PB Blaster, but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any suggestions how to free this up?

I bought this little tractor on an auction for for almost nothing because it wouldn't start. It had been setting under a lean-to shed for a couple of years and a few things were froze up on it. I have got it running and can use everything on it but the hydraulics. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Other than tearing it down and soaking it to free it up you could use a better penetrating oil. KROIL is the best there is. You can usually find it at any HVAC supply store. Expensive but well worth it. The wife won't want you near her after you use it either so don't get any on you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Other than tearing it down and soaking it to free it up you could use a better penetrating oil. KROIL is the best there is. You can usually find it at any HVAC supply store. Expensive but well worth it. The wife won't want you near her after you use it either so don't get any on you!

Kinda figured that would be some of the advice that I got. I'll see if I can find some Kroil around here, I have never used that. Course keeping the wife at bay has it's advantage - she won't want to come out to the shop!!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Kinda figured that would be some of the advice that I got. I'll see if I can find some Kroil around here, I have never used that. Course keeping the wife at bay has it's advantage - she won't want to come out to the shop!!
I don't know if Kroil will keep the wife at bay. I think it smells pleasant. You may also find it in a good gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
A 50/50 mix of ATF & Acetone may work also if you can find Kroil. I'd soak the fitting and wrap a soaked rag around it overnight.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't know if Kroil will keep the wife at bay. I think it smells pleasant. You may also find it in a good gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
better check with her she may have a different opinion. One of the mechanics in our maintenance shop used so much every day, he reeked of it. You could smell him coming.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Those Bavarians - so meticulous.

I don't know what the valve you speak of looks like, but there's a method of freeing stuck bolts that's spelled out by Volkswagen engineers that we, in my shop, often refer to as "the "Volkswagen method". After applying penetrating oil and allowing it to soak, rap it with a hammer 60 to 70 times in such a manner that you don't damage it beyond recognition or usefulness. We often use an air hammer for this, using it as gently (so as not to damage), yet aggressively as possible. This method usually works for us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all your help. Ended up taking it apart and using heat on it to get it apart. Just to find out that it had broken inside. So I get to go buy a replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts