Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
That thing was amazing!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wow I need one of those. I don't think my little tractor could even lift it.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
That's a Deere 8100 driving that thing and the tractor is getting bounced around pretty good. My little 2032R would probably get thrown across the lot by that thing! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Comments linked to another YouTube video of the same, said it was a Deere 8100 tractor.

I think it was an amazing take on a stump grinder and very well executed-only down side was the need for a large high HP tractor. I’m going to guess the large gear box on the PTO was a big reduction set of gears to change 540 PTO to slow with gobs of torque...

Best part was there was hardly any noise, no huge mess of far flung wood chunks and little if any hazard to the tractor operator or the surroundings/bystanders.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
Would hate to stall it out

It's an awesome rig. Like others, I agree that's a high horsepower rig and it also needs a high lift capacity. I'd hate to think of stalling that sucker out with the screw portion stuck in something like a dried locust. I doubt there's a reverse on it since it's PTO driven. I think once you start on a stump you would have to finish all the way through the bottom into dirt or have a problem. As fast as it is, that might not be a concern.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I never said it would work on my rig!!! {:^( But one can dream. And if someone out there doing this type work, sees it, buys it and is close, I got a few that would be much easier with that, than my hoe!
It's an awesome rig. Like others, I agree that's a high horsepower rig and it also needs a high lift capacity. I'd hate to think of stalling that sucker out with the screw portion stuck in something like a dried locust. I doubt there's a reverse on it since it's PTO driven. I think once you start on a stump you would have to finish all the way through the bottom into dirt or have a problem. As fast as it is, that might not be a concern.

Treefarmer
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts