Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my new JD 1025r yesterday and it does look good.
I have been reading this forum for about a year and hopefully I made a good decision.
I purchased a JD 1025r, H120 Font End Loader, JD Box Blade BB2048L, KK 48" Rototiller, JD Ballast Box and iMatch Quick Hitch.

Now I have a whole yard to grade and reseed after that I plan on getting a post hole digger and install a lot of new fence.
Retiring soon so it looks like I will have a new toy to play with and a little more time to get things done.

Any suggestion on safety or operations would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. You will have a great time with it.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
If you have trees and are going to put in fence, I'd put the ROP lights on the inside seeing as you don't have the BH. Start slow in low gear and get used to it. You're going to have fun but don't let to many people know how much fun. Aaah heck yah, let them all see the big smile on your face. Congrats!!! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great looking ride. It should serve you well. Good luck on the more time after retirement. I've been retired 14 years and I'm sure the days are getting shorter every year. I don't know how I got everything done before I retired. :unknown:
Ron

·
Premium Member
14,896 Posts
:congrats::greentractorride::bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Welcome to GTT, nice new tractor you have there.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Good looking workhorse. I got mine in July and love it. You will be amazed what it will do. Read your manual and be safe:good2:

Reactions: Marlin and Levi

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Spring is just around the corner (may be here for me , crazy weather) , so it's time to get ready .
As others have said :congrats: and Welcome from TX. !!!! :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
527 Posts
:good2: Great looking set up Ed. Congratulations on the retirement and enjoy playing with your new toy!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,800 Posts
Congratulations Ed70, good luck with it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
As far as operations go, I would get some ballast. I see the BB on the back but that is not near enough if you are going to be using that loader. When you do use the FEL keep the loads as low to the ground as practical when you are transporting the load. Very easy to tip over if you are on uneven terrain and moving a heavy bucket of material. I would also consider getting the tires loaded with fluid.

Just use your tractor cautiously until you figure out the limits of the machine and more importantly, yourself. I think far more accidents are caused by operators running out of talent before they run out of machine. Enjoy it, it is a nice looking machine. You will find a wide variety of uses for it, trust me. :bigbeer::bigbeer:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats. Seems like just I got mine just yesterday but it has been almost 4 yrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
:happy::congrats:

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
253 Posts
Congrats Ed! It's a versatile tool, you're going to love it.

Noticed you got a box blade, sweet. There are a lot of great YouTube videos of the many ways to use a box blade - every surface of that implement serves an important and unique purpose!

One of the site sponsors here on GTT, Artillian, sells a lot of high quality American made add-ons for your 1025, and they make the lightest and most versatile pallet fork frame and forks, equalling more lifting power. I have my forks on more than my bucket. I'm getting ready to step up to their grapple for the ultimate grippage!

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
One of your first projects with it will be constructing a new storage building to house all the attachments you'll soon find you can't be without.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Just received my new JD 1025r yesterday and it does look good.
I have been reading this forum for about a year and hopefully I made a good decision.
I purchased a JD 1025r, H120 Font End Loader, JD Box Blade BB2048L, KK 48" Rototiller, JD Ballast Box and iMatch Quick Hitch.

Now I have a whole yard to grade and reseed after that I plan on getting a post hole digger and install a lot of new fence.
Retiring soon so it looks like I will have a new toy to play with and a little more time to get things done.

Any suggestion on safety or operations would be greatly appreciated.

Ok
What's strange to me is it has an H120 loader but has a permanently attached bucket....:dunno:
I thought the D120 was the non JDQA loader.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts