Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8 ft John Deere RW Wheel Transport Disc. One of the best John Deere transport discs ever made. I farmed with a 10 ft just like it for many years and it never let me down. Ken Sweet Agricultural machinery Vehicle Tractor Soil Weeder

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Wow, We have one that is exactly like that on our farm in the weeds. It has to have been sitting there for at least 20 years. It's rusted bad and there is very little green left on it. I honestly thought someone painted it green. I never thought it was a Deere. I might have to dig it out and have a look.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, We have one that is exactly like that on our farm in the weeds. It has to have been sitting there for at least 20 years. It's rusted bad and there is very little green left on it. I honestly thought someone painted it green. I never thought it was a Deere. I might have to dig it out and have a look.
Good winter project?? Ken Sweet

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
It might have to be. Are all the wear parts still available? This disk goes back to my grandfathers farming days, So I have to assume it has not been used in a good 30 years. I can remember moving it around and maybe using it on a veggie farm my Aunt ran, but that was a long time ago. I would think its seized up pretty good by now...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those boxing assemblies probably would free right up. They are still good to go as long as the box bearing is not busted. The Rigid frame on this disc made it excellent for leveling ground and then sowing new fields. Ken Sweet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts