Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a company they recommend for purchasing welding supplies online? Looking for basic consumables and things like that. Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,101 Posts
Reactions: MTB98

·
Registered
667 Posts
IOC has a great reputation:

We have a great local shop here, so I buy all our stuff through them.
Just paid this site a quick visit to look around. Got interrupted twice by a popup asking me to sign up. I didn't see any particular deals and don't have the patience for a web site like that.

For consumables I have a great local source so I think I will stick with them.

I just ordered some new protective gear off Amazon. I found what I believe to be good prices on Lincoln brand equipment and free shipping since the order was over $25. Just saying.

·
Premium Member
15,138 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Cyberweld, also.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have bought a few things recently from Amazon with no issues.

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
For consumables I have a great local source so I think I will stick with them.
I'd rather support a local community brick & mortar business as long as prices are reasonable.

I can tell you that the "box stores" prices on basic welding stuff is considerable more than Air Gas. Same role of flux core mig wire at Air Gas was half the price what Rural King wanted. Maybe I missed that RK was selling gold wire....

Another nice thing about a local welding supply is, at least for a novice like me, it is a great source of advice. More than once they have taken me back to a demo machine and showed me what/how to do something.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’d like to shop at a local place but work schedule makes it difficult to get there when they are open. Amazon is always an option but I usually try to find someone else first. Ordering basic consumable products, whether it be tractor filters or welding wire, online is just so much more convenient.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have two local suppliers that blow Airgas out of the water. Both sell wholesale metal to boot.

The lowest price guy will sell any amount and cut to order. The last project I did I asked him to cut to lengths within a 1/4". When I got it home all I had to do was throw it on the floor to setup and weld.

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
15,138 Posts
I have two local suppliers that blow Airgas out of the water. Both sell wholesale metal to boot.

The lowest price guy will sell any amount and cut to order. The last project I did I asked him to cut to lengths within a 1/4". When I got it home all I had to do was throw it on the floor to setup and weld.
I see what you did there. :) Airgas is crazy here too.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I see what you did there. :) Airgas is crazy here too.
I did a lot of business with Airgas before I retired. We used massive amounts of common and no so common analytical gases. I had one 80cf cylinder that cost over three grand. Comon gasses like nitrogen and even some custom mixes were dirt cheap on our University contract.

They use to give me unbelievable deals on my personal use stuff. By the time I retired everyone I knew there retired or left and so did my deals. :(

Reactions: Treefarmer and rtgt

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Reactions: MTB98
1 - 16 of 16 Posts