Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked the town highway superintendent if he could drop off a load of shot rock so I could reline the roadside ditch in front of my house. Sure hope the 2320 can handle this. If not I am going to need a big shovel.:lol:

IMG_0120_1.jpg

BTW, we need a project forum! This does not seem to fit in the Home & Workshop Projects forum.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It just came to me, I'll tell the wife I need a lot bigger tractor! Anyone got a spare bedroom?

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
Looks like they gave you a free hat also:laugh:

I suspect you will have a hard time breaking into the pile due to the size of those bad boys...A toothbar will be needed for sure!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like they gave you a free hat also:laugh:

I suspect you will have a hard time breaking into the pile due to the size of those bad boys...A toothbar will be needed for sure!
Good, send yours up. Never wanted a toothbar but you may be right with this. I'll let all know how we make out with this.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I suspect it will be tuff work with or without a tooth bar. Bar should help though. And, who is under the hat?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suspect it will be tuff work with or without a tooth bar. Bar should help though. And, who is under the hat?
IT IS! Need a lot bigger tractor, more tractor weight and more hydraulics. You definitely do not want any spillage over the top of the bucket as those rocks I would imagine would leave a pretty hefty dent in the hood. The Hat? They don't call me short for nothing!:laugh: The hat was used for scale.

·
Administrator
18,008 Posts
BTW, we need a project forum! This does not seem to fit in the Home & Workshop Projects forum.
I think it fits rather well with the "home" part, just my opinion-probably worth what you paid for it:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it fits rather well with the "home" part, just my opinion-probably worth what you paid for it:laugh:
:bash:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Not to dredge up an old thread or something... but you referenced it... so I'll dredge away...

Those "rocks" are about the size we're finding and digging up on our trails behind our house. The wife and I have spent most of the 15 hours so far on our tractor using the hoe to dig them out... I spent maybe 1 or 2 of those hours trying to use the FEL to scrape soil from elsewhere in the woods to find topsoil to fill over the holes we're making.

what you use to move these? Toothbar?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We used the FEL on the 2320. But it was next to impossible to get a full load with the tractor so we added to each load by hand.

·
Administrator
20,730 Posts
Apparently, "we" is code for Babycakes... And I am assuming Giz doesn't refer to his tractor as "Babycakes".
Maybe he does?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts