Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

I am looking for some opinions on an idea I am considering. I would like an aerator for x739. I have seen many commercial out fits now have their zero turn mowers w/ front mounted aerators. Many use hydraulics to force down the tines. I talked to several operators that said the concern about driving over the plugs is not an issue. That got me thinking about using the Deere front quick-attach for an aerator.

I bought a 2" sleeve that uses the quick-hitch on eBay. I also found a 2" receiver based aerator designed for being dragged behind a 4 wheeler. I was thinking about running these on the front my tractor. I understand you would have to go slow since you would unlikely get proper depth in float mode. So if I used the weight of the tractor maybe its would work. I'd love be able to get tight to the edges and in corners and clearly see my sprinkler heads. Maybe it wouldn't as these units are designed to be pulled not pushed.

What are your thoughts on this combination?

Attachments

·
Registered
616 Posts
What happens if you are pushing forward and one of the tubes hits a rock just below surface and the weight of the tractor continues to push the aerator forward, the tube will get damaged. When they are pulled, there is an escape from that pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
What happens if you are pushing forward and one of the tubes hits a rock just below surface and the weight of the tractor continues to push the aerator forward, the tube will get damaged. When they are pulled, there is an escape from that pressure.
I agree with that assessment I would Not Put a aerator On the Front of a X700 series Let alone any tractor:bigthumb:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I believe you are saying this approach wouldn’t work with the aerator when nit in float mode. If I configured a pull behind unit and weighted it and used float it should be ok? Any concerns with the front quick hitch supporting the force?

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
You better off with one on the back.your tires would run over the plugs defeating what your trying to do.Also if the plugs are moist they'll stick to the tires.I got a 3pt hitch type works great.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
You better off with one on the back.your tires would run over the plugs defeating what your trying to do.Also if the plugs are moist they'll stick to the tires.I got a 3pt hitch type works great.
Nice looking lawn Tom! You have obviously worked hard to attain that look.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
Nice looking lawn Tom! You have obviously worked hard to attain that look.
Thanks,I've been working on it the last three years.That pic was 2 years ago we had rain at the right times to keep the grass from any heat stress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts