Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always rely on this forum for good advice so I thought I'd throw this question out there.
We live in South Jersey between Philly and AC. I purchased a pair of tractors this year, my 1026R with H120 FEL and an X310 with hydraulic lift and power steering.
I have two properties across the street from each other with a a total of five driveways. One property has two driveways -concrete and straight (about 60 feet each) and the other has 3 driveways with 2 straight runs about 120 feet and a couple of left turn nooks and crannies terminating in a 45 x 30 concrete paid for tenant parking.

Prior to building the new place I had a very nice LX-172 with a 38" front mounted snowblower. I used weights and chains and it handled the three properties fairly well except for the blizzards we had a couple years back. My first thought was to buy a snowblower for the 1026 because getting around the driveways with the turns was challenging for anything with a blade on it (my son's work truck had a beefy Hinicker 7000 plow that made more of a mess than it cleaned up). Then I thought buying a snowblower for the X310 was the right move because I could use the 1026's loader for cleanup. Either way I'm not putting a blade on that concrete unless I have to.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm looking forward to the first snowfall with the 1026R and 47" front blower. Plenty of power to handle anything Mother Nature throws at you. Just one thought...

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
Is the blower for the x310 a dual-stage blower?

·
Registered
732 Posts
I had an x300 with a 42" front blower. The unit worked great and loved to throw the snow.
So either unit you decide to go with will work just fine.
Traction would be better with the 1026, and ground clearance.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I'd put a blower on the 1026. This way it wont snow.:laugh: If you need the loader you could put a blower on the 3pt.

Reactions: MrZeeno

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Hiya,

I would look to the 47" on the 1026 over the x310 platform. The Diesel is going to have an easier time handling the heavy wet snow and the larger chassis will have much more traction with MFWD.

The 1026 is going to be the more expensive option however the blower and lift are a lot more rugged and will last longer, not to mention a more resale value if you ever need to go larger.

I would stay away from any loader mount blades with a chassis that small, however you may want to look into the 54" blade as it may use the same mount as the blower and it's much easier to use a blade on snowfalls too small to blow but big enough to freeze and turn your driveways into skating rinks.

My 2 cents,

Tom

Reactions: MrZeeno

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Unless its tight I would get a blower for the 1026.

I struggle slightly when I drive up the street to my parents house when using my SCUT and blower because their drive is tight up near the garage and has a brick wing wall on one side. Its hard to get turned around and the 3 point hanging off back makes it worse.

If you were running a x500 series GT with larger tires I might lean more that direction.

Also I would go with the wider blower if you use the 1026. On curved driveways the rear tires will drive over the snow (unblown part) when turning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It worked last year!

I'd put a blower on the 1026. This way it wont snow.:laugh: If you need the loader you could put a blower on the 3pt.

I put the blower on my LX-172 when we had the first inch of snow. It was also the last of the winter. I was the toast of the town (but a little disappointed I didn't get any seat time!
:laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.