Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up an old rx75 with a 9hp kawasaki for $50, I managed to get it running but it’ll smoke out an entire neighborhood faster than Woodstock and pisses oil out of the (I think) aftermarket muffler. I added a couple ounces of rislone ring seal to the oil and that stopped the oil burning and leaking for now. Also seems to mix gas into the oil. But I’ve just been shutting off the fuel and letting it burn everything out of the lines before I’m done.

It’s a bit scratched up, but the tires and rims are new on it and everything except a few of the low gears work properly, would this be something worth swapping the engine out with something more powerful?

I just need to source some gaskets for the intake and carb as the existing ones ripped during cleaning. Perhaps this is normal, but there was a greasy/oily substance in the metal air box housing, any thoughts?

I’m a newbie with 4 stroke engines so any advice would be great! I figured I’d reach out to more experienced people, I typically put way too much money into my projects. Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Waterdude,

These little rear engined riders do not really need any more HP than what Deere provided from the factory, but they do need to run right. Gas in the oil would indicate a stuck float or other carburetor issues brewing. Attached are some parts diagrams and other information on the engine that you might find useful...and below is the wiring diagram if you need that.
RX75 & SX75 Wiring.JPG

Chuck

Attachments

·
Registered
12,421 Posts
If you fix the fuel problem the smoking should go away, if it hasn’t been run out of oil to many times.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts