Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 3046R last week and the dealer said JD is quoting 4-6 months out on delivery. Has anyone ordered recently and found that to be accurate? I hope it's sooner, but am mentally preparing for Fall.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I ordered my 3046R last week and the dealer said JD is quoting 4-6 months out on delivery. Has anyone ordered recently and found that to be accurate? I hope it's sooner, but am mentally preparing for Fall.
Yes it's true, unless your dealer ordered them already and they are in the pipeline. I'd call around to 2 or 3 of your closest dealers and see what they have in the que. Are you wanting cab or open station ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I ordered a 4044r in Jun - it arrived in December

They are all made (Series 1-4) in Augusta Ga. The way they do it is configure the line for 1 series and make a run of XX tractors, then reconfigure for 4 series and run a batch of XX tractors, then reconfigure for 2 series and run a batch of XX tractors, then reconfigure the line for 3 series and run a batch of XX tractors.

I know they try and limit line configuration switches as that takes away production time. I also don't know what makes them "Switch" whether it is a predetermined point or number of orders built up etc, but if the dealer is quoting 4-6 months that is probably based on when they know the line will be swapped to 3 series, that is how it worked for me as my dealer got 7 4 series tractors all within a 2 week window.

·
Registered
797 Posts
When I was going to order a truck, it was a four month wait. The Bobcat E42 mini excavator I ordered was delivered in one month. :dunno:

·
Registered
234 Posts
It seems it's pretty common. They don't keep a lot of stock on hand. They told me the same thing in Sept. 2017 for my 3039R. I just bought one off the lot and had them install all the options that I wanted. I did have to pay about $1500 extra for the shop labor to do that. I did however get a large enough discount from MSRP to where it was worth it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
3046R cab

I ordered one last spring about this time, accepted delivery end of July. If you ordered the cab model, don't get the Jensen radio, mine doesn't keep the correct time, it's off by 35 minutes since I received last summer, I didn't change the time on the radio last fall. If you are going to mow a yard with yours, don't get the R4 tires, you'll have tread tracks all over your yard (might be my soil) I was talked out of turf tires. R4 tires will dig a hole fast when using the loader if you are not in 4 wheel drive. Previous tractor had turf tires and FEL without any problem using the loader (I use mine to save my back) hauling dirt, rocks,etc around the house. You can make changes now if needed, double check your order for mistakes, I wanted the L/R outside mirrors and got lights instead. Salesman didn't show a record of my options wanted with all the questions I had about the tractor, I overlooked, my fault. You'll like the 3000 series, the turning radius is tighter than my previous Kubota, and the loader is a breeze to remove, but the FEL hydraulic fitting are a tight fit to disconnect. Haven't removed the MMM yet, used for vacuuming leaves over the winter. Worth the wait:bigthumb:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I started my purchase for a 3046R at the beginning of February. Three dealers told me 4 to 6 months out. One dealer said he ordered one in October 2018 and he expects it to come in next week as it is on a truck at this time. My dealer in WV found one that another dealer is willing to give up. Some of the options will have to be added. The struggle is real.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Last August they said if I ordered a 3033R it would be March. They found one in southern Illinois. Still took a month.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I ordered 2, 4066Rs on 3/12/19 and my dealer said I have an April 11 build date. He said delivery to him in beginning of May. He also said that he had 7 on stock order and once you mark them sold to a customer, they usually get a build priority?

Kevin

John Deere 3033R

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I ordered 2, 4066Rs on 3/12/19 and my dealer said I have an April 11 build date. He said delivery to him in beginning of May. He also said that he had 7 on stock order and once you mark them sold to a customer, they usually get a build priority?

Kevin

John Deere 3033R
You ordered 2! No wonder we're experiencing shortages. :bigthumb:

Reactions: Dr Maphesto

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Kevin

John Deere 3033R
Sounds like the line must be set up for the 4 series right now.

·
Old Pa-pa
12,128 Posts
Sincerely wish you good luck, took 6 months to get my 4066r in.

Last I heard they were running 2 shifts in Grovetown, Georgia, with only 2 production lines at a time for the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
series. :dunno:

Busy factory. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The lead time on a new bus is 2 months, no 3, no 5, no 7, coming up on 8 months and they say the 2 I ordered will be here in "about" a month.

I ordered them because we need them. Judging from Old Canjun's experience, don't hold your breath waiting.:banghead:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Kevin,

I believe that to be true. I ordered my 3046R 2-28-18 (So it was marked sold with my name on it) and it was delivered to the dealer 4-28-18. It took another 6 weeks to take delivery, but that was an issue with the service department at this dealer and I had a TON of options installed! Why Deere makes the dealers install this stuff when it was all ordered at the same time is beyond me. :unknown: I know almost everything can be installed in the field, but if the customer knows they want options X, Y and Z they should be installed during build.

Jeff

·
Registered
146 Posts
Kevin,

I believe that to be true. I ordered my 3046R 2-28-18 (So it was marked sold with my name on it) and it was delivered to the dealer 4-28-18. It took another 6 weeks to take delivery, but that was an issue with the service department at this dealer and I had a TON of options installed! Why Deere makes the dealers install this stuff when it was all ordered at the same time is beyond me. :unknown: I know almost everything can be installed in the field, but if the customer knows they want options X, Y and Z they should be installed during build.

Jeff
I can see it both ways on the installation, it would be better to have the factory install everything, but the pool of available tractors would be hit or miss for the customer. I guess “Dealer installed” keeps the dealer technicians better trained on the tractors?

John Deere 3033R

·
Registered
389 Posts
I ordered a 4044r in Jun - it arrived in December

They are all made (Series 1-4) in Augusta Ga. The way they do it is configure the line for 1 series and make a run of XX tractors, then reconfigure for 4 series and run a batch of XX tractors, then reconfigure for 2 series and run a batch of XX tractors, then reconfigure the line for 3 series and run a batch of XX tractors.

I know they try and limit line configuration switches as that takes away production time. I also don't know what makes them "Switch" whether it is a predetermined point or number of orders built up etc, but if the dealer is quoting 4-6 months that is probably based on when they know the line will be swapped to 3 series, that is how it worked for me as my dealer got 7 4 series tractors all within a 2 week window.
I've heard conflicting stories on this. I had the pleasure of speaking with an Engineer that works at the Augusta Works last fall at the Sunbelt AG Expo. He said that they just build them as they are processed. But I've also heard exactly what you said in that they only build one series at a time.
That same Engineer also said that one of the reasons for the backlog is the huge demand for the 1 series. Everyone wants a little diesel tractor. (And they are quite capable little machines) He said they cannot build them fast enough. He said that part of the reason for that is the way they market them. You can get a 1E series (tractor only) for $99/month if you are willing to finance it for 84 months. Don't know how many people go that route, but it definitely gets people in the door.

Jeff

1 - 20 of 46 Posts