1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I'm not loyal to any brand unless they've repeatedly themselves to me and are a step above the rest.

When I trailer my tractor this fall I plan on slapping a a axle strap around the frame and then using chain end ratchets to crank it down to the trailer bed.

On the rear end I haven't decided an anchoring point. I believe I will put a D-ring style hitch with a shackle on the rear end. From there attach the chain style ratchet strap and crank it.

Axle Strap 2" x 2' with D-Rings - Car Tie Downs | USCargoControl

·
Registered
536 Posts
When I trailer my tractor this fall I plan on slapping a a axle strap . . .

That is my approach

I have tie-down six ratchets bolted to my trailer and I never use less than 4 when moving my tractor . . . and use all 6 if the backhoe is attached.

I had a friend killed by a boat being trailered by an idiot who did not strap down his boat, using only the winch to keep the boat in place.

PLEASE, everyone, securely tie down your loads with quality well maintained straps etc.

·
Premium Member
10,979 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,979 Posts
I'm not loyal to any brand unless they've repeatedly themselves to me and are a step above the rest.

When I trailer my tractor this fall I plan on slapping a a axle strap around the frame and then using chain end ratchets to crank it down to the trailer bed.

On the rear end I haven't decided an anchoring point. I believe I will put a D-ring style hitch with a shackle on the rear end. From there attach the chain style ratchet strap and crank it.

I'm a big fan of the axle straps. They are strong and you don't have to worry about chewing things up with chains.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Those Ancra straps look heavy enough but I am not a fan of that style of hook.
I prefer the J hooks, or snap hooks if used exclusively with axle straps.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Those Ancra straps look heavy enough but I am not a fan of that style of hook.
That style of hook, hooks perfectly on the Garden Tractors front/rear bumpers and weight brackets, and most trailers frame rails. And I'm already on having a set of bolt on (think vehicle seatbelts how they attach to the floor and/or posts) triangular attach points to be permanently bolted onto the frame on the Garden Tractor side frame if necessary. My goal here is to design and create whats necessary, without the need of axle straps. To securely cinch my tractor down at set attach points without scratching the heck out of it every time.

Something along the lines of these, in 1/4" or 5/16" with a bend between the hole and the slot so it stands off the frame.

My trailers also have the heavy duty stainless D-Rings bolted to the bed through the frame rails underneath. My posting was not intended for anything but Garden Tractors. If I had a SCUT or larger, I'd definitely go about securing differently.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
That is my approach

I have tie-down six ratchets bolted to my trailer and I never use less than 4 when moving my tractor . . . and use all 6 if the backhoe is attached.

I had a friend killed by a boat being trailered by an idiot who did not strap down his boat, using only the winch to keep the boat in place.

PLEASE, everyone, securely tie down your loads with quality well maintained straps etc.
If you have a backhoe you have at least a 1 family if not a 2 family tractor. You're only using 1" straps with the axle straps, or are you running heavier 2" or 3" style chain straps and also the axle strap?

·
Registered
536 Posts
If you have a backhoe you have at least a 1 family if not a 2 family tractor. You're only using 1" straps with the axle straps, or are you running heavier 2" or 3" style chain straps and also the axle strap?
I have a 1025r (1 family) and I use those with 2" quite heavy straps

Sorry for the late response . . . I missed your post.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yay. I just got notification. Your Amazon.com order of 4x "Ancra 45982-90-30 Ratchet Straps" has shipped! :good2:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yay me. I picked up the package at the PO, and the box was HUGE, I was thinking, WTH?
When I got to the truck I opened the box. Amazon totally messed up. I was sent four, 4"x30' "straps" and no ratchets. :dunno:
The order was for four/ 2"x30' complete extreme ratchet assemblies.
Now the hassle of returning, getting a refund, and starting over.
Gotta love it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts