Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a 1025R with a 120R loader (53" bucket) and 54" mowing deck. The tractor will not be delivered until 2 weeks. However, I wanted to order the Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar. I know that in their website there is a video on how to measure the bucket to get the right kind (i.e., heavy duty vs. standard).

Since the tractor will not get here for another two weeks, I wanted to order the tooth bar from now, so that I will receive it (hopefully) around the same time as the tractor. Questions:
1. Do any of you know if the 53" bucket that comes with the 120R loader needs the heavy duty or standard Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar?
2. Are there any other similar tooth bars? The only one that I can find online and recommended by people in YouTube, etc. is the Heavy Hitch one ...

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I Have the standard 53 inch bar on mine. There is no need for a "heavy duty" version on a 1 series. The tractor will fall apart before you break this thing.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
The HD tooth bar is for the heavy duty cutting edge (3/4") buckets which the 1025R doesn't have.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
2. Are there any other similar tooth bars? The only one that I can find online and recommended by people in YouTube, etc. is the Heavy Hitch one ...

Thank you!
Everything Attachments has their Wicked toothbar that is similar to the Pirahna. EA makes really good stuff and has outstanding customer service.
Express Steel has a toothbar similar to Heavy Hitch.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I purchased the Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar from my dealer as part of my tractor package. Many JD dealers are HH dealers too. It was simple for me with no additional cost (no need to pay shipping as it was delivered with the tractor).

I have a 2025r (same FEL as the 1025r) and am very happy with the HH Tooth Bar.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
I have the standard and it is great.

rob

·
Registered
2021 JD 2025R
32 Posts
I purchased the Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar from my dealer as part of my tractor package. Many JD dealers are HH dealers too. It was simple for me with no additional cost (no need to pay shipping as it was delivered with the tractor).

I have a 2025r (same FEL as the 1025r) and am very happy with the HH Tooth Bar.
Ditto to all that!

·
Premium Member
9,286 Posts
Standard 53”.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
17,080 Posts
Speaking of the HH tooth bar. Does anyone remember when these were like $250? :-(

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Pretty sure I have the standard tooth bar. It’s really a bit much for a 1026r with the 53“bucket. The tractor just isn’t heavy enough to make full use of it. It looks to me like it would be more at home on a skid steer. I wouldn’t get the HD version.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
The HD version won't work on the 1 series bucket. It's for the 3/4 thick cutting edge on the JD HD buckets. These are not available on the 1's.

From HeavyHitch:
Bolt-on heavy duty tooth bars are compatible with John Deere heavy duty buckets only and designed to line up with the John Deere hole pattern

·
Premium Member
9,286 Posts
Speaking of the HH tooth bar. Does anyone remember when these were like $250? :-(
You got me to look on the site and theyre up to 4 and change. I paid 3 and change 2 years ago.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ordered a 1025R with a 120R loader (53" bucket) and 54" mowing deck. The tractor will not be delivered until 2 weeks. However, I wanted to order the Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar. I know that in their website there is a video on how to measure the bucket to get the right kind (i.e., heavy duty vs. standard).

Since the tractor will not get here for another two weeks, I wanted to order the tooth bar from now, so that I will receive it (hopefully) around the same time as the tractor. Questions:
1. Do any of you know if the 53" bucket that comes with the 120R loader needs the heavy duty or standard Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar?

Thank you!
FYI, my brand new 1025R has a larger bucket than my 2012 1026R, I can't use my piranha tooth bar in the new bucket. I believe the new style buckets are 54 1/4" please don't quote me on the measurement.. I can't speak for the Heavy Hitch tooth bar though. the Pirahana bar is heavy duty, I abused mine and it took all of the abuse with no issues. therefore I would recommend it.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,013 Posts
FYI, my brand new 1025R has a larger bucket than my 2012 1026R, I can't use my piranha tooth bar in the new bucket. I believe the new style buckets are 54 1/4" please don't quote me on the measurement.. I can't speak for the Heavy Hitch tooth bar though. the Pirahana bar is heavy duty, I abused mine and it took all of the abuse with no issues. therefore I would recommend it.
The 1025R bucket is 53" inside measure.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.