Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post. Found this forum after I ordered a new 5075M mfwd to replace my old 2wd 2640 open station. I wish I would have found this forum sooner, I really have learned a lot from the posts here!

The 5075- I ordered it with a cab, loader and third function hydraulics. I plan to add a rock grapple bucket. I went a little crazy- this thing is going to be quite a step up from my old tractor which sure has been good to me.

The dealer was pretty careful to not commit to a delivery time frame. He did say he did not think it would be longer than November.

I also ordered an E12 rotary cutter which I’m already having second thoughts about. I’m thinking that I would be better off with a lift style cutter- I almost always keep the 717 rotary cutter on my 2640 if there isn’t snow on the ground and I am in the timber and on hills quite a bit. I read the thread about proper ballast and I really think having that lift style cutter hanging off my 2640 did me a lot of good over the years!

Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading the forums so far and hope maybe I can contribute to them in the future. WW.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,806 Posts
Nice. Welcome to GTT

Reactions: Westwind

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
You are going to love having a cab! Get your tires filled, makes a huge difference in stability.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are going to love having a cab! Get your tires filled, makes a huge difference in stability.
I can’t wait to push snow in a nice warm cab! Really looking forward to that!

Dealer is filling with Rimguard. I also had to order slightly shorter tires to get it in my shed and I'm going to have them set as wide as possible.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get your wallet out. These guys here are always showing up with cool tools and attachments and all kinds of things you can’t live without once you see it.
Welcome to GTT.
*adding a location to your profile is helpful to those offering advice.
Added location!

The chain boxes on the quick hitch look like one of the first things to get!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Added location!

The chain boxes on the quick hitch look like one of the first things to get!
Definitely a handy add on. I always appreciate having chains handy at all times. One less thing to remember bringing with me to a project. Plus, you can always use them for tools, straps, or any other thing you like to keep onboard.

·
Registered
454 Posts
First post. Found this forum after I ordered a new 5075M mfwd to replace my old 2wd 2640 open station. I wish I would have found this forum sooner, I really have learned a lot from the posts here!

The 5075- I ordered it with a cab, loader and third function hydraulics. I plan to add a rock grapple bucket. I went a little crazy- this thing is going to be quite a step up from my old tractor which sure has been good to me.

The dealer was pretty careful to not commit to a delivery time frame. He did say he did not think it would be longer than November.

I also ordered an E12 rotary cutter which I’m already having second thoughts about. I’m thinking that I would be better off with a lift style cutter- I almost always keep the 717 rotary cutter on my 2640 if there isn’t snow on the ground and I am in the timber and on hills quite a bit. I read the thread about proper ballast and I really think having that lift style cutter hanging off my 2640 did me a lot of good over the years!

Anyway, I have really enjoyed reading the forums so far and hope maybe I can contribute to them in the future. WW.
A fully mounted 3 point cutter is a much different animal than a flex-fold (batwing) type. Best option is to keep your 717 and also get the E12. A single spindle unit makes a good counterweight and isn't overly wide, a multi-spindle fully mounted unit is much wider, much heavier, and probably not something you'd want hanging on your 3 point all of the time.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Congrats 🎉

welcome to GTT!

Reactions: Westwind

·
Registered
19 Posts

Congrats! I have a 2013 5075M. Every time I get out of the cab I have a smile on my face. The e12 is on my wish list, as is a land plan.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congrats! I have a 2013 5075M. Every time I get out of the cab I have a smile on my face. The e12 is on my wish list, as is a land plan.
Your post really made ME smile- I just can’t wait!

I love being on my tractor now- if I don’t have to fight the bugs and the cold and the pollen and the dust so much I think I’m going to have a hard time staying out of the new one!

I also got the instructor seat. I have never had atv’s or a side by side. I’m kind of pumped about being able to have my wife or daughters jump in so I can show them what’s going on out there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Your post really made ME smile- I just can’t wait!

I love being on my tractor now- if I don’t have to fight the bugs and the cold and the pollen and the dust so much I think I’m going to have a hard time staying out of the new one!

I also got the instructor seat. I have never had atv’s or a side by side. I’m kind of pumped about being able to have my wife or daughters jump in so I can show them what’s going on out there.
I had my dealer put on the instructor seat as well. Very useful.

we have a smallish farm between me, and two nephews. They have bigger tractors for tillage and have used smaller open station tractors to pull a JD 7000 planter and a JD drill. They used the 5075m on the planter and I drove it to pull the grain drill. No problem at all. Perfectly sized and very comfortable. Very satisfying coming back now and seeing a perfect field of soybeans.

John

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Congrats on the new tractor. The E12 is a beast from all I've read. Be nice to cover that much ground. If you have the option to keep the other mower (and tractor) have the pair you would have mowing liked. I have the MX6 for the 3pt and the MX8 tow behind for the wide open areas. The tow behinds can get you in a jam in tight spots. Got luck with your new package.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Love that picture!

I pretty much decided not to change the E12. My dealer has said nothing but good things about it but I took it with a grain of salt until the comments here. It will be nice to not have to get too close to the edge of the timber.

I think it’s a good idea to keep my old warhorse 717 cutter.

·
Registered
19 Posts

One thing I did want to ask you is what transmission you got. If I was going to order a new one, I'd get the one with the hi/lo switch on the gear shift. 32 forward, 16 reverse I believe. If you didn't and it's not too late to add, I'd seriously consider that. Otherwise, if the going gets a little tough, you can just switch to a lower gear on the fly, no gear changing involved.

John S.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One thing I did want to ask you is what transmission you got. If I was going to order a new one, I'd get the one with the hi/lo switch on the gear shift. 32 forward, 16 reverse I believe. If you didn't and it's not too late to add, I'd seriously consider that. Otherwise, if the going gets a little tough, you can just switch to a lower gear on the fly, no gear changing involved.

John S.
My dealer highly recommended the 32/16 hi-lo and I got it. I feel like he’s steering me right, even though it ain’t cheap!

I do mostly loader work and mowing. He explained it exactly like you did and it sounded good to me!

I really tried to buy the options that would make me want to run it and keep it for as long as possible. I gotta admit, I have been looking at online manuals and pictures of the controls and it’s going to take me awhile to get the hang of it. I read about when I clutch and when I don’t, usually that stuff isn’t that hard once you do it but they sure make it sound complicated. My current tractor has lever controls for the loader- I feel like I can do that in my sleep but learning that joystick is going to take some time.

I’m going to make effort to go half speed on everything I do at first.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.