Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KOI've been searching for a blower for some time for my john Deere 3520. Been working local dealer on a (new/leftover) 2010 agro trend 72" blower that is leaking oil, plenty of faded paint, missing chute controls, missing skids, and starting to rust in places, and made several offers for past 2 years... And the dealer will not deal much at all! Missed a few used ones here and there that were kinda beat, so finally pulled the trigger at my friendly john Deere dealer on a new 64 frontier by blizzard/rad. I love to wheel and deal, but took his first offer since it was so fair! These seem to zoom the snow and will be brand new and fresh.,, and basically the same price as the new/old agro trend. Backordered, but one the way nonetheless. Excited and hoping got a brutal winter! Hope I made a good choice. I had my heart set on the agro trend, but the dealer was next to rude whereas john Deere was top notch as always. Figured I better stick with the better company on this deal!

I beat myself up trying to decide 64 vs 74, as there isn't much of a difference other than width, and fan depth. Aside from another $500, one thing pushed me to the 64. A local guy had the 3520/64 combo and loved it, sold that setup and went to a 4720 with 74 blower and said it moves volumes but not anywhere near the distance.... In his words he hates it! I can't figure it out, and yet he claims it to be true... To the point of telling me a trade may be in the works if I want to go to the 74. So while that seems like it shouldn't make sense, that's what an actual owner says. (Reminds me of cutting beans this year, the cousins factory sidehill 9560 outran their hillco 9670... Odd like the snowblower story but true. )

Anyway, It should work well. We get little snow or big storms it seems, so I'm content with 64 and the extra cash in my pocket. I have a 72 loader front blade with hydros that way outperformed my expectations, so I can move snow in a hurry now. Hope for lots of snow so it can pay for itself! :)

Now time to think about modding. Hydraulics, linear actuators, diverters? Decisions decisions! Pics when it arrives! A side note, looks like these are all 540rpm which is fine, but wouldn't it be nice if they geared it up at the gearbox instead of 1:1, or am I missing something?

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Definitely will be looking for the pics on this blower.:good2:

·
Super Moderator
5,110 Posts
I bought a SB1164 last year at about this time. The year before we got buried in snow and I was running out of places to push it with the plow. Best purchase I ever made. After spending $3500 we hardly got any snow at all last year! :laugh:

Hydro controls for spout direction and height would be nice but really, with no cab on my machine it isn't a problem.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps this will stop the snow from comming near me too. Dealer can get me a meteor sooner, but I'm ok with waiting for the frontier. In the meantime, I think I'm going to o get my parts together to move my deflector. Thinking linear actuator, but also pondering hydraulic. Lots of time to decide. :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
I picked up a new, left over SB1164 2 winters ago. It came with the hyd chute rotate. I just added a linear actuator to the deflector...need to finish up the wiring and it's ready to go.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nicely done! I probably don't need a snowblower but you couldn't have convinced me otherwise last January. Here is mine in action but before buying my green tractor in the spring.https://vimeo.com/194432715
The 6 footer was a load for the 30hp orange machine so I'm looking forward to hooking it behind the 3039r.
So I'm right there with you Nch, let'er snow!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You will be good with the 6 footer the the 39r. In my original post I described why I went 64, but it's basically cash and need. We don't get tons of snow here and I can push better most of time with my af11 loader blade, and this will work for the deep stuff. How much to to spend vs how much snow kinda thing. Eagerly awaiting it...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up a new, left over SB1164 2 winters ago. It came with the hyd chute rotate. I just added a linear actuator to the deflector...need to finish up the wiring and it's ready to go.

Cool! I'm leaving the rotation manual, and debating what to do with the deflector..... Half considering mechanical/cable for ease on the wallet, simplicity, and since this may not get used much. Have to think it through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts