Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1023e is taking forever to come in so I thought I may aswell order some accessories.. I'm amazed at how much room there is from msrp on stuff if the dealer is so inclined to offer a discount.. Mamma deere must be raking it in on stuff when we pay full retail (website pricing anyway).. I ordered the rear ballast box - the little tool box that hangs on the back and the forward lighting kit.. MSRP on the website is $600.. But the dealer was able to offer me discounts that took the whole thing back to $400.. Good thing my dealer's a good guy.. A question for all of you though.. The dealers book and the website are not clear at all on what is needed to install the forward lighting kit.. The dealer thought it was something that mounts to the front gill guard.. And the website shows it as lights that is mount to the rops which is what I want.. Once we got that sorted out, he was still unclear as to what else was needed to install it.. Does it need a seperate wiring harness etc?.. The website says noting about needing anything besides the kit itself, so my thought was since they call the dang thing a "kit", that everything needed would be included.. Thoughts?..

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
The JD lights mount on the light guards. The lights just plugged into my 1026r's harness.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The JD lights mount on the light guards. The lights just plugged into my 1026r's harness.
thanks.. that's what I needed to know.. Ok, so when you say light guards.. You mean the guards on the rops right?.. The dealer mentioned something about needing to order "light guards" and a wiring harness.. I wonder if the 1023 doesn't come with these "light guards".. I can't picture what they are.. Something's not right with what he has in mind vs what I'm seeing at JD.com.. I'm gonna tell him not to order anything to do with the lights until I have this figured out for sure.. Unfortunately due to the nature of my deal the dealer I'm buying from is 3hrs away from me.. I'm gonna have to go see a local dealer and have someone show me..

·
Administrator
20,894 Posts
Yeah, you have to buy the light guards for the forward light to mount on. The wires already exist on your tractor.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, you have to buy the light guards for the forward light to mount on. The wires already exist on your tractor.:thumbup1gif:
Gotcha'!.. Thanks diesel..

·
Administrator
18,318 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
And dont forget the Artillian horse blinders: Horse Blinders
Absolutely the most cost effective and useful addition to my tractor! One blast of light in the eye turning around in the seat and you become a believer!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts