Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a year of reading, watching, and asking questions, I ordered my tractor today!

1025R w/versa turfs,
120R MSL,
Single Point connector,
RPOS Lights Brush Guard,
60D Auto Connect 7 iron w/ load n Go,
Mechanical mower lift,
iMatch Quick Hitch,
John Deere 647” tiller.
Frontier Land Plane 1060.
Frontier Grapple AV20F and appropriate hard lines for loader arms
3rd scv
Power Beyond for future Summit Hydralics
Starter weights 72# and corresponding hardware.
Heavy Hitch with 8 42# weights

A couple of other things that are in the wind, wheel spacers and summit rear hydralics.

Kinda difficult actually, I have a 91 430 that I bought new and after 30 years of service and at 62 years old I have decided to upgrade to the 1025R, nothing really wrong with the 430 and at 1500 hrs lots of life left in it, but it’s time!
Sounds like delivery is expected sometime in mid October.

I also wanted to thank everyone that contributed to posts that I might have started or asked questions in! All very helpful!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Nice package 👍

Reactions: Mackford13 and Jdw1

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Congrats. Looks like a nice setup you got coming.

X2 on the pics.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Good for you! October isn't too bad - I mean, it is terrible - but in today's market less than four months is excellent. And you still have old faithful to do what it has always done.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
Nicely equipped machine.

rob

·
Premium Member
10,128 Posts
Congratulations. Is the 430 staying at home enjoying retirement?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I’m sure it will find another home!

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
760 Posts
So after a year of reading, watching, and asking questions, I ordered my tractor today!

1025R w/versa turfs,
120R MSL,
Single Point connector,
RPOS Lights Brush Guard,
60D Auto Connect 7 iron w/ load n Go,
Mechanical mower lift,
iMatch Quick Hitch,
John Deere 647” tiller.
Frontier Land Plane 1060.
Frontier Grapple AV20F and appropriate hard lines for loader arms
3rd scv
Power Beyond for future Summit Hydralics
Starter weights 72# and corresponding hardware.
Heavy Hitch with 8 42# weights

A couple of other things that are in the wind, wheel spacers and summit rear hydralics.

Kinda difficult actually, I have a 91 430 that I bought new and after 30 years of service and at 62 years old I have decided to upgrade to the 1025R, nothing really wrong with the 430 and at 1500 hrs lots of life left in it, but it’s time!
Sounds like delivery is expected sometime in mid October.

I also wanted to thank everyone that contributed to posts that I might have started or asked questions in! All very helpful!
Now that's, a starter package.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well look what showed up!

There was I bit of a mix up on the loader but the MSL loader is ordered and scheduled to arrive mid March, in the meantime the NSL is on the tractor, I was disappointed that it didn’t get ordered correctly but it will get resolved. I stopped by the dealership a couple weeks ago and the salesman lead me out to the shop and said, “there’s your tractor”, I noticed right away the loader wasn’t correct, I said ”really” he said “yep”, I said “no way this is my tractor, I ordered a MSL” ! Lol, I think he craped his paints, talk about a deer in the headlights look! Absolute silence for almost 30 seconds! Now, I’ve known him for 30 years, snowmobiled with him years ago, I actually knew him before he started at the local dealership as a parts guy, now he’s the number one salesman in the local dealership.

I have all of the JD parts I ordered except the land plane and of course the loader.

I purchased it without any setup so now I have some things to do this winter while on lay off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 1025R Cab
190 Posts
congrats
have fun

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Congrats! Does the wait make that much more satisfying to get it home?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Uncrated the mower deck and installed the Load n Go brackets today!

Attachments

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Congrats. Well worth the wait.

Reactions: Jdw1

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok so today I was able to get the mower put together and the lift assembly on and actually did a couple of hours of mowing! Still working on getting the height and hook up and all adjustments correct, that’s kinda interesting! The mower deck seems to hang up when I attempt to disconnect from it, seems like it’s a bit fussy on the left side to release for some reason.
I had a few other tasks to work on today so the hole day wasn’t all green!

Very nice tractor and mower, very smooth riding and operating compared to my 30 year old 430!
Installed a pigtail for charging and maintaining the battery the exits through the hole that the ground cable exits from the battery/radiator area and zip tied it to the ground cable.
I installed the starter weights and the light guards on the ROPS.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.